Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Correos confusion

Correos confusion

Old Nov 6th 2007, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

hellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant future
Default Correos confusion

Could anyone possibly offer any advice with Correos?

We have had those yellow slips in our postbox before, meaning you have to go and collect parcels from the post office.

Today I got another slip, and managed to catch the postman as he was walking back across the complex - I waved the slip at him but he said something along the lines of it not being "to bring at home".

I assume he means I have to go and pick it up from the post office, but I would have thought he would have it with him in his van....

...Because a previous time, when we tried to pick something up from the post office they said it "wasn't back yet from deliveries" and were told to come back the following day.

Slightly confused...(and probably confusing anyone reading this too! sorry for rambling on)

Do you always have to wait till the following day to pick something up?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 9:52 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Correos confusion

Originally Posted by hellokittty

We have had those yellow slips in our postbox before, meaning you have to go and collect parcels from the post office.

Today I got another slip, and managed to catch the postman as he was walking back across the complex - I waved the slip at him but he said something along the lines of it not being "to bring at home".

I assume he means I have to go and pick it up from the post office, but I would have thought he would have it with him in his van....

...Because a previous time, when we tried to pick something up from the post office they said it "wasn't back yet from deliveries" and were told to come back the following day.

Slightly confused...(and probably confusing anyone reading this too! sorry for rambling on)

Its probably best to, but I have queued up to receive a spammy advert letter also, so you can also waste your time there.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:15 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hellokittty

In UK you would say he was neing a 'jobsworth' but here I have found that they do not always bring small parcels out with them and automatically put the yellow slip in the letter box. I have aways gone the next day but that is more about the lack of opening hours of our Correo office. Only one hour a day!!!!

Rosemary
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

hellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant future

One hour a day?!

My local post office is open all day without siesta till 8pm! I obviously should count myself lucky!

I might try and go later on and see if it's there, but the woman who works there is a bit scary and barks things at me very fast in Spanish, making me feel like a complete imbecile.