Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Property not moving on the MED,side of Spain

Property not moving on the MED,side of Spain

Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Property not moving on the MED,side of Spain

I think the key is to buy wisely.

Good properties are still selling/renting out.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:21 am
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Because it is a city that is mainly Spanish professionals. It is a cultural area, The holidays that are in that area are aimed at a different market to the Costas. We live in a large village not far away and the tourist are all mainly Spanish. The whole area had a different feel to it.
Do you think prices are rising or falling,in your area,how many properties are for sale there ,not including new builds,can you see prices going up or coming down,why cant they sell there houses on the MED side for the price they ask,why do you think the infrastructure,is improving so quickly,in your area,why do you think Keith could not get the price down.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Do you think prices are rising or falling,in your area,how many properties are for sale there ,not including new builds,can you see prices going up or coming down,why cant they sell there houses on the MED side for the price they ask,why do you think the infrastructure,is improving so quickly,in your area,why do you think Keith could not get the price down.
And do you have a crystal ball?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:46 am
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunnysenorita
And do you have a crystal ball?
Wish I did.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:47 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Look at Keith Walters,he is trying to buy,there is no 30% reduction where he is why.
Maybe the one keith wants has an owner that wants top money, and maybe on the market for a long time unless Keith buys it ?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:35 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

I know they are rising where we are, and more people are moving, but as I said it is Spanish mainly, the area is not a tourist place for holiday homes. there are a few but all those I talk to wanted something diffferent to the vast urbanizations and the communal bit, If I choose to. I need not talk to any one english for weeks I dont because I have some good English friends in the area.
We are having a fantastic new road being built and ther are new roads all over the area that open up the rest of the province, we are near a good airport and only an hour to Seville and two to Mallaga which all have good links to major routes. I have noticed that from Jerez ther are lots of internal flights that are very cheap, so again the are is being used by Spanish second home owners.
As Keith said he lost houses to other purchasers, so someone is buying them I wonder how many were forigners ?.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder with Malaga airport being extended whether that will keep the prices up with more people being able to access the CDS with more direct flights. What I'm seeing near me, is that old fincas are being brought my the Spanish and knocked down and new builds being built in it's place. My neighbour got his land quite reasonable and has now built himself a new house. The same on my other side and old house has been knocked down to be replaced by a newer build. So that is what the Spanish are doing in my little community.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

This is a very interesting topic.

I thought you'd all throw eggs at me (well the home owners amongst you) for saying the 2bed with communal pool sellers should reduce their prices. They seem to stay on the market for a VERY long time. Maybe they are forced to that price by the Capital Gains/Tax issues etc? I dunno.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
This is a very interesting topic.

I thought you'd all throw eggs at me (well the home owners amongst you) for saying the 2bed with communal pool sellers should reduce their prices. They seem to stay on the market for a VERY long time. Maybe they are forced to that price by the Capital Gains/Tax issues etc? I dunno.

I agree this is an interesting topic. Why would a property not sell? I don't think CGT is anything to do with it, more the psychology of sellers wanting to get both the top price and more than they paid for it. People might not like to to take a loss and admit an investment mistake. If there are thousands to chose from, all more or less identical, why should any one of them be sold before any other?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Well maybe that's it then. They would make a loss. I assumed (niavely I think) that a lot of them bought a few years ago and have made a tidy profit, and don't want to drop anything. Or, it could be they are packing up to go back to UK and need every penny to get back in the UK market.

I did search a lot for 'reduced for a quick sale' which is probably a marketing gimmic, but some must be genuinely reduced, but they were STILL out of my budget.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
I did search a lot for 'reduced for a quick sale' which is probably a marketing gimmic, but some must be genuinely reduced, but they were STILL out of my budget.
you might be surprised - I have heard of a local agent is giving a "cash back" (think it was 1000 or 2000 euros I cant remember) and another that is giving a car away with certain houses (albeit that the seller has to agree to reduce their price by 10,000) but its a good incentive for buyers

estate agents seem to come and go all too quickly around here - with all of them bad mouthing each other and moaning about the lack of properties selling
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:18 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

To use the old Kirsty saying Location Location Location
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

lol! True.

But to complete the mrs teapot saying:

How much?! how much?!! HOW much?!!!

Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Teapot - if everything is out of your budget - maybe it's just not enough?

Generally, though the people selling homes, will want to maximise their money or at least re-coup their outlay, but the vast majority will NOT need to sell, as it is either an holiday home or an "investment" and they have a real home elsewhere. So it is not a real housing market as in the UK, it's more like selling a luxury.

As I see it, the "crash" is here, though it's not reflected in lower asking prices it's reflected in 30% of every development being up for sale but not selling.
But it must therefore be the case though that there will be some people who DO need to sell quickly, if you can find one of these that is where the deals can be made - and big ones I'd wager?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Mrs Teapot - if everything is out of your budget - maybe it's just not enough?

Generally, though the people selling homes, will want to maximise their money or at least re-coup their outlay, but the vast majority will NOT need to sell, as it is either an holiday home or an "investment" and they have a real home elsewhere. So it is not a real housing market as in the UK, it's more like selling a luxury.

As I see it, the "crash" is here, though it's not reflected in lower asking prices it's reflected in 30% of every development being up for sale but not selling.
But it must therefore be the case though that there will be some people who DO need to sell quickly, if you can find one of these that is where the deals can be made - and big ones I'd wager?
lol! yes, I sound like they are all out of my budget, don't I!!! To be honest, what I have seen I think is overpriced, so I wont pay it.

Very good read your post - yes, you are right. It IS a luxury and they can afford to wait. Yes, I agree, the crash is not affecting the lower budget, as yet. Funnily enough I was saying only that I suspected that earlier today.

Again, you are right, there will be some people desperate to release cash and they are the bargains to be had. Trouble is, the other end of the scale reads to me as....Bargain=wots wrong with it?!