Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Property not moving on the MED,side of Spain

Property not moving on the MED,side of Spain

Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:35 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice
Default Property not moving on the MED,side of Spain

Why cant you sell property for what you want on the med side of Spain.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property not moving on the MED,side of Spain

Originally Posted by Douglas jack

You selling up then?
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

You can only sell something for what people want to pay for it.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Wise and thoughtful words
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Wise and thoughtful words
Just a posh way of saying "overpriced" ;-)
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:56 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
Well so right.But that side of Spain does not sell,or does it.For what they ask.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You selling up then?
Not a skimmer Mitzy,but people want to buy on the CDL.I wont be selling.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Well so right.But that side of Spain does not sell,or does it.For what they ask.
I dont think property in Spain is selling for what the sellers expect, thats why some are on the market for years.
Most is well overpriced, especialy so when the agents add their fee.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
I dont think property in Spain is selling for what the sellers expect, thats why some are on the market for years.
Yes your right about the fees,but I think its because there is not enough Spanish there,what do you think,times moved on and the markets moved with it.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

As has been said, you'll only sell anything for what people are prepared to pay. But I think in Spain there is the further problem of MASSIVE oversupply.
I also think the agents don't do you or themselves any favours, their "se vende" signs are amateurish and their offices push too many new builds.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:38 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by leighbloke
As has been said, you'll only sell anything for what people are prepared to pay. But I think in Spain there is the further problem of MASSIVE oversupply.
I also think the agents don't do you or themselves any favours, their "se vende" signs are amateurish and their offices push too many new builds.
I think you are right there, too many new builds and they have there own pushy sales offices on site.
People think wow we can get a new build for the same price and once shown round with a bit of persuasion, "yes sir you will get rentals nearly all the year round while you are not using it."
What amazes me is people are still buying them to rent out, (not doing their homework), then find there is sooo much competition for rentals and struggle to get a few weeks a year, another reason there are so many for sale signs up, the rentals don`t cover the mortgage.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I think also there are two many clones of each other. Why I wanted to buy something a little different.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:09 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Look at Keith Walters,he is trying to buy,there is no 30% reduction where he is why.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:44 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Look at Keith Walters,he is trying to buy,there is no 30% reduction where he is why.
Because it is a city that is mainly Spanish professionals. It is a cultural area, The holidays that are in that area are aimed at a different market to the Costas. We live in a large village not far away and the tourist are all mainly Spanish. The whole area had a different feel to it.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Well, one of the options I've been trying to buy is a resale 2 bed apartment, with communal pool either in CDS or Costa Tropical (does that include CDS??).

I have found them ALL to be at least E20,000 to E30,000 out of my league, even with furniture thrown in (though often its not to my taste). Now surely, a lot of these people must have bought a few years ago (not the new builds just released and bought by speculators) and have made a tidy profit already, can't they just drop the budget by that amount? Or am I living in cloud cukoo land? I could then see a lot of people buying them then.

Maybe I am naive about it.

Regarding resale old properties (which are my fave). I was only prepared to buy one in a village with a community pool, with 'some' outside space, but not a lot of work needing doing, but again, I was priced out. If only everyone would drop their prices a bit (not as much as above) I think things would shift quicker.

Again, I could be naive.

I'd be interested to see your replies.

ps: does that mean if I buy an off-plan 2 bed with pool that I wont ever sell it, or just need to not be greedy? I don't intend to sell for decades (unless something unforeseen happens).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.