British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Proof of income for residency (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/proof-income-residency-757881/)

Fred James May 12th 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Proof of income for residency

On my A4 certificate is says at the end of the first paragraph:- como residente comunitario con caracter permanente en Espana, desde el once del mayo de dos mil.

On the new cards it says:- Residente comunitario permanente en Espana desde
dd/mm/yyyy

pixieve May 12th 2012 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 10056353)
Mine doesnt need renewing. However ..... when we first registered we had a succession of temporary cards which expired, and we had to keep going back to renew. I dont know if this may be the difference. Eventually we got our permanent ones and they have no expiry date on them.

My daughters temporary SIP has just expired at the end of april...do you know how I go about getting a new one!? And will I just be given another temporary one or a proper one!? How did you get the permanent one?

pixieve May 12th 2012 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 10056613)
On my A4 certificate is says at the end of the first paragraph:- como residente comunitario con caracter permanente en Espana, desde el once del mayo de dos mil.

On the new cards it says:- Residente comunitario permanente en Espana desde
dd/mm/yyyy

I have the new card and mine says the same! They don't need renewing do they? Also, is everyone elses a soft paper card? Someone mentioned to me that I should probably get it laminated so it is more "card" like

Fred James May 12th 2012 6:15 pm

In some areas they are now laminated.

They don't need renewing but if you change address or change you social status (get married/divorced) you are obliged to get a new one to update the information on the database.

pixieve May 12th 2012 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 10056717)
In some areas they are now laminated.

They don't need renewing but if you change address or change you social status (get married/divorced) you are obliged to get a new one to update the information on the database.

ah ok, I got the crappy soft one but I guess it wont do any harm to laminate it myself. Thanks for info, I may be moving soon so it's good to know.

snikpoh May 13th 2012 7:53 am

Originally Posted by pixieve (Post 10056720)
ah ok, I got the crappy soft one but I guess it wont do any harm to laminate it myself. Thanks for info, I may be moving soon so it's good to know.

Fred - ours say "como residente comunitario en Espana". Nothing about being permanent or otherwise.

Pixiece - we laminated ours but some people won't accept them in this form (for some reason) - we've had to really argue that these really are the originals.

Fred James May 13th 2012 8:55 am

In which case it's clearly not the "permanente" one.

When you apply for the certificate, one of the boxes has to be ticked if you are eligible for permanent residence. If you tick the wrong box you don't get it.

In some offices they automatically give you the permanent one if you are renewing the old card but you can't guarantee that.

You could change it but it will cost you another €10 and it's very debatable whether it makes any difference.

Cats-R-Us May 13th 2012 10:14 am

We have the A4 sheet but friends living locally just had to renew their residencia cards and got supplied with a credit card sized version of the A4 sheet (with the word "permanente" on it) which is much more user friendly. Still "not valid for identification purposes" as it has no photo. As we have had our A4 sheets for several years and they are beginning to get a bit worn, should we consider applying for a the new card sized one or wait until our A4 sheet actually falls apart?

Fred James May 13th 2012 11:18 am

I would be inclined to change it now before they get totally confused about the new rules!

lynnxa May 13th 2012 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 10057704)
I would be inclined to change it now before they get totally confused about the new rules!

that's what I'm thinking.............. I actually can't find my cert. - though it must be in the house somewhere - & I really would like a nice little card ;)

Blod May 13th 2012 1:45 pm

We were fortunate and had our residencia cert in Mar. We were told not to laminate it.

britishbull May 13th 2012 3:22 pm

None of this affects the NIE number needed to buy property, which you can get by being an EEC citizen, right - you need anything other than passport????

So if I had a property in Spain I could stay for up to ninety days over winter and then have a few trips during the summer months as long as the total didn't come to more than 183 days in a calender year, remaining resident in the UK as far as tax goes until such time as I sell my UK house at hopefully the top of the next property peak????

My one worry about Spain is that they are going to start taxing fixed assets like houses in the same rip-off way they do in the UK, to help move towards a balanced budget.

snikpoh May 13th 2012 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by britishbull (Post 10057910)
None of this affects the NIE number needed to buy property, which you can get by being an EEC citizen, right - you need anything other than passport????

So if I had a property in Spain I could stay for up to ninety days over winter and then have a few trips during the summer months as long as the total didn't come to more than 183 days in a calender year, remaining resident in the UK as far as tax goes until such time as I sell my UK house at hopefully the top of the next property peak????

My one worry about Spain is that they are going to start taxing fixed assets like houses in the same rip-off way they do in the UK, to help move towards a balanced budget.

They already do and have done for some time - it's called wealth tax. It's just that the threshold is quite hight at the moment

SueG May 14th 2012 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Blod (Post 10057837)
We were fortunate and had our residencia cert in Mar. We were told not to laminate it.

Can confirm you must not laminate them - according to Benidorm Police Station!!!

SueG May 14th 2012 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by britishbull (Post 10057910)

You should though be completing a non residents tax declaration which needs to be completed by the end of December each year