Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Problem with barking dog

Problem with barking dog

Old Jul 3rd 2011, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem with barking dog

Originally Posted by yes we can
Hi
He's a very nice guy who probably doesn't know that his dog is so noisy
Then I would not describe him as a very nice guy
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

When the Spanish couple next door but one to me had a small dog out on their terrace yapping away in a particularly high pitch all day long (it felt like having a tooth drilled at the dentist, honestly) I just lost it and stuck my head out of the window at midnight and yelled at the top of my voice "Shut your dog up" (in Spanish). It worked.

I do also complain about the noise some of the neighbours' kids make sometimes - or, to be more precise, them playing football in the street outside my house, as it often hits the front door with an almighty crash, damages the paint on the walls, leaves dirty marks, etc. There is a nice flat, wide part of the street outside my house which attracts them, but I don't see why I should put up with all the nuisance of 8, 9 or more kids playing football outside my door (when none of them live within 100 metres of my house) whilst their parents sit peacefully indoors. Is that unreasonable?
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Off set from my house there is a park where seldom any kids play but occassionally you get someone kicking a ball about. One loves to fire it of the wire fence which sets the 7/8 dogs next door off which in turn sets off the alastions the other side of me and I am bombarded by dog barking. I stood in the street one day with the dog bark machine aimed in turn till they shut out. The ball rattling the fence is bad enough ! I too have lost it after hours of incessant dog barking and yelled at my neighbours about their dogs. 2 summers ago I though I would go mad with it, my neighbours either side one opposite and one behind to the right. My wee dog seldom joins in, she barks when someone comes to the gate.