Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Problem with barking dog

Problem with barking dog

Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

AlandEve has a brilliant futureAlandEve has a brilliant futureAlandEve has a brilliant futureAlandEve has a brilliant futureAlandEve has a brilliant futureAlandEve has a brilliant future
Smile Problem with barking dog

Recently returned from 1st visit of the year to our duplex in Esuri. As always golf, food and weather were brill .. makes paying the monthly bills at little easier.

The only downside was the constant barking from a dog - the dog in question appears to be tied up from 07:00 to gone midnight, and barks non-stop. Its owners go out for the day, tie the dog up and make life miserable for the rest of the residents (never mind the poor dog).

Our guests the previous week were also subjected to the constant barking, so it was not a one-off .. ideas are welcome on how to resolve this problem...

Alandeve (M2)
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem with barking dog

Originally Posted by AlandEve
Recently returned from 1st visit of the year to our duplex in Esuri. As always golf, food and weather were brill .. makes paying the monthly bills at little easier.

The only downside was the constant barking from a dog - the dog in question appears to be tied up from 07:00 to gone midnight, and barks non-stop. Its owners go out for the day, tie the dog up and make life miserable for the rest of the residents (never mind the poor dog).

Our guests the previous week were also subjected to the constant barking, so it was not a one-off .. ideas are welcome on how to resolve this problem...

Alandeve (M2)
I sympathise greatly - we have been troubled by a barking dog in ME M7. It lives on a second floor apartment balcony - which seems very unfair on the poor dog. You could try a word with your president
Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

ideas are welcome on how to resolve this problem...

Alandeve (M2)
Shoot the owner
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Problem with barking dog

Alandeve (M2)
Apparently the Spanish denounce the dogs owner to the police and action is taken to ensure that they keep the dog in proper conditions to stop the barking. There are two dogs that live at the villa by the 8th tee on the new east course and they bark at every passerby or golfer and the advice I have received from Spanish people is to denounce them.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Shoot the owner
Although that might just work, the dog would still be left on the terrace barking. If the barking really is constant then the only option would be to denounce the owners to the police.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:26 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Shoot the dog, the owner and his family.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 1:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to the president, he should of put a clause in the community rules "no pets allowed in apartments"
I think I would bark too if I was tied up all day.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

teflon will become famous soon enoughteflon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Apparently the Spanish denounce the dogs owner to the police and action is taken to ensure that they keep the dog in proper conditions to stop the barking. There are two dogs that live at the villa by the 8th tee on the new east course and they bark at every passerby or golfer and the advice I have received from Spanish people is to denounce them.

A friend of mine, on holiday week before last, was bitten by one of the said dogs. The owner opened the gate, with the bigger dog on a lead, the other one ran out and attacked drawing blood. Had to go to the clinic for a tetanus jab! Not a nice experience on holiday. Beware!!! Regards Teflon.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:17 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Talk to the president, he should of put a clause in the community rules "no pets allowed in apartments"
I think I would bark too if I was tied up all day.
ot Ayamonte, but still Spain

in a Residencial where we used to rent, an english family (also renters) would leave 4 little 'rats' on the 1st floor balcony barking, weeing & pooing all day

the president of the commitee spoke to the owner of the apartment who told them that according to the 'rules' a) they could only have 2 dogs, & b) that they couldn't leave them out all day

they were given 2 weeks to comply

they left...............
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
ot Ayamonte, but still Spain

in a Residencial where we used to rent, an english family (also renters) would leave 4 little 'rats' on the 1st floor balcony barking, weeing & pooing all day

the president of the commitee spoke to the owner of the apartment who told them that according to the 'rules' a) they could only have 2 dogs, & b) that they couldn't leave them out all day

they were given 2 weeks to comply

they left...............
You can motion any rules yourself and it is voted on at the community meeting, we have "no animals allowed" and they keep trying to get rid of me. ,-(
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:34 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You can motion any rules yourself and it is voted on at the community meeting, we have "no animals allowed" and they keep trying to get rid of me. ,-(
Hmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder why
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder why
Cos I like Chelski and any other southern team.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:44 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Cos I like Chelski and any other southern team.

Yeh now i remember n i can fully understand why
Old Jun 13th 2009, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
i dont agree with you, why the animals are not allowed? i have had to support the crying of a baby and its even worst.
Besides that, you can not judge all the dogs just for the bad behavior of one owner. Its him who cant live there, not the dogs and belive me, there are a lot of people who make more noise than dogs .
marisol
Old Jun 13th 2009, 6:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by marisol
i dont agree with you, why the animals are not allowed? i have had to support the crying of a baby and its even worst.
Besides that, you can not judge all the dogs just for the bad behavior of one owner. Its him who cant live there, not the dogs and belive me, there are a lot of people who make more noise than dogs .
marisol
I don`t think it is right for animals to be shut indoors or on a balcony all day, they need their own space.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.