Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Private Healthcare

Private Healthcare

Old May 28th 2006, 2:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Healthcare

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Strange. I've just had a very reasonable quote from AXA PPP Healthcare!
www.axappphealthcare.com
Yes I had a quote from them .... they were very expensive though
Old May 29th 2006, 9:09 am
Just Joined

PULULA is an unknown quantity at this point

try easy insurance, they seem to be very popular among expats here in the costa del sol. they speak english and e-mail you instant quotes for you to compare. [email protected] or 952 197059.
Old May 29th 2006, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

This is not going to interest those taking up residency in Spain but those who may be looking for a private health scheme providing you reside in UK for a minimum of 180 days and are under 80. So maybe if you stay in Spain for half the year ?
http://www.patientchoice.org
Old May 29th 2006, 3:39 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by casaianda
We use the Andaluz company Prevision Medica - top of the range policy (includes ICU + Chemotherapy etc.) for BOTh of us 1200 Euros per year.
I checked out their website and their prices looked great. However when I spoke to them today they advised that they operate in Malaga and Cordoba provinces but not Sevilla.
Old May 31st 2006, 1:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PULULA
try easyinsurance. they seems to be very popular among expats here in Malaga. [email protected] or 952 19 70 59. they e-mail you the quote. Hope this helps.
Strange ..... we had someone appear on EF forum happily mentioning easyinsurance at every possible opportunity .... exactly the same wording as you placed above .... Mmmmm

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 31st 2006 at 1:14 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 9:52 am
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

Quick question, do all insurances provided English Speaking doctors?

Being as were young (at heart)and generally healthy I don't expect to visiting the doctor much, but if I do I want an English speaking one. This in spite of the fact that we (wife and I) hope to gain a good grasp of the language in the first year.

In doing some checking they all seem to be priced in the 1500 per year rate for 2 middle aged adults.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

One thing you have to be careful of is, that some private hospitals or even public if they know you have private health care, they will often do other treatments that they claim on the insurance. Its boost their income. There has been quite a few cases of them doing that in the past.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:28 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
Quick question, do all insurances provided English Speaking doctors?

Being as were young (at heart)and generally healthy I don't expect to visiting the doctor much, but if I do I want an English speaking one. This in spite of the fact that we (wife and I) hope to gain a good grasp of the language in the first year.

In doing some checking they all seem to be priced in the 1500 per year rate for 2 middle aged adults.

No they don't according to the experiences of someone on another thread / forum. They asked their insurance company if they could provide a list of english speaking doctors within their system, and they were told such a list doesn't exist.
Most hospitals / clinics though I believe have english speaking people available should the need arise.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:38 am
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

If that's the case why would you pay extra for private health care? At 1500 a year its not cheap.

I did find a great dental clinic in Madrid serving the English speaking community though.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:58 am
Senior Moment

If that's the case why would you pay extra for private health care? At 1500 a year its not cheap.
I did find a great dental clinic in Madrid serving the English speaking community though.

Sorry mate, don't understand. You'd pay for private health care because if you didn't you wouldn't have access to health care, other than paying for it direct to the hospitals etc in Spain at whatever cost they decided. Thats unless you are working of course or over retirement age
Old Aug 6th 2006, 1:07 pm
Mrs

casaianda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Sorry mate, don't understand. You'd pay for private health care because if you didn't you wouldn't have access to health care, other than paying for it direct to the hospitals etc in Spain at whatever cost they decided. Thats unless you are working of course or over retirement age
As previously stated if you don´t get Private Health Care under the age of 65 you are NOT entitled to any care on Spanish NHS apart from emergency cover unless you are paying into the Spanish system.

Regarding English speaking Soctors, ask the individual Insurance Company whether they provide English speaking cover before accepting a policy. Via our policy we have an excellent Spanish GP who speaks better English than we do!
Old Aug 6th 2006, 2:07 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by casaianda
As previously stated if you don´t get Private Health Care under the age of 65 you are NOT entitled to any care on Spanish NHS apart from emergency cover unless you are paying into the Spanish system.
Yep ... thats what I just said
Old Aug 6th 2006, 2:16 pm
Mrs

casaianda is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep ... thats what I just said
I know you just said that - thats why I said as previously stated!
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:38 pm
Rob in Madrid

We both will be working (too young and too poor to afford to not work ) so I was planning on getting private health for access to English speaking doctors.

And I will ask about that.

thanks
Old Aug 6th 2006, 4:04 pm
Senior Moment

We both will be working (too young and too poor to afford to not work ) so I was planning on getting private health for access to English speaking doctors.
And I will ask about that.
thanks
Ahhhhh ... well in that case its no guarantee so I see your point.

casaianda, sorry I thought you were referring to a previous statement of yours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.