Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Private Healthcare

Private Healthcare

Old Aug 13th 2006, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Healthcare

[QUOTE=Solarwhizz]Sound good to me,, the only issue I can see is that I believe that to get an E106 you have to be working inthe UK prior to applying, but that may be my interpretation of the rules,, But you will only find out by applying,, as for cover in the UK as I said before, I and my wife have been going back for the last 4 years and visiting the GP as if nothing as changed, so either the system in the UK aint capable or it is the norm[/QU

Thanks

paris
Old Aug 13th 2006, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its supposed to last for 2 years, but you can apply for renewal after 2 years for another 2 years .... after that though, renewal is not usually granted. The idea is that it gives you health care whilst you are settling in the new country and trying to get a job.
This is new that you can apply for a renewal after two years for another two years. Where have you read this? Our cover only lasted 18 months for some reason.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 2:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynis
This is new that you can apply for a renewal after two years for another two years. Where have you read this? Our cover only lasted 18 months for some reason.
I was told so by the Dept of Work and Pensions and also saw it on their site somewhere I think. You can renew it once, but its unlikely to be renewed a second time.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute

I was told so by the Dept of Work and Pensions and also saw it on their site somewhere I think. You can renew it once, but its unlikely to be renewed a second time.
Hi so do you need to come back to the uk to renew it or can you just phone them up from spain and ask for a renewal of E106?

paris
Old Aug 20th 2006, 4:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paris hilton
Hi so do you need to come back to the uk to renew it or can you just phone them up from spain and ask for a renewal of E106?

paris
I suspect you can contact them from Spain, although as per the other thread, they mentioned nothing to me about being able to renew when I spoke to them recently
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

I suspect you can contact them from Spain, although as per the other thread, they mentioned nothing to me about being able to renew when I spoke to them recently
hi i just phoned up newcastle and they took my N.I number and told me that i would not be entitled to use the E106 as i had not paid enough N.I contributions in the last 3 years and that i had to phone 3 weeks before i leave the uk to get a letter from them saying that! ,thats me stuffed ,private insurance?

paris
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:46 am
Senior Moment

hi i just phoned up newcastle and they took my N.I number and told me that i would not be entitled to use the E106 as i had not paid enough N.I contributions in the last 3 years and that i had to phone 3 weeks before i leave the uk to get a letter from them saying that! ,thats me stuffed ,private insurance?

paris
Ahhhh ... yes that would be a problem. Does your partner have enough? Theres a good choice of private health. I'll probably go with Asssa when I need to ... you can get a quote on line

http://www.asssa.es/seccion.php?codi...resa&idioma=en
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Mitzyboy]Ahhhh ... yes that would be a problem. Does your partner have enough? Theres a good choice of private health. I'll probably go with Asssa when I need to ... you can get a quote on line

http://www.asssa.es/seccion.php?codi...resa&idioma=en[/QUO

My partner maybe not sure as she is retired just works 1 evening a week now cooking we are not married?

paris ta for link i will check it out!,sanitas is supposewd to be good too?
Old Aug 21st 2006, 12:17 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

If your partner is retired retired ie of pensionable age then she will get free cover in Spain under E121 and, you, as her dependant even though not married, will also be covered.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
If your partner is retired retired ie of pensionable age then she will get free cover in Spain under E121 and, you, as her dependant even though not married, will also be covered.
hi mitzboy so looks like i might be covered then?

paris
Old Aug 21st 2006, 5:08 pm
Senior Moment

hi mitzboy so looks like i might be covered then?

paris
How old are you / your partner. As I said elsewhere on here if one of you is over UK retirement age and applies for E121, then you can also apply for a dependent E121 for the one of you that isn't over retirement age, and then you are both covered.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Mitzyboy, You shouldn't need to go private as you will be in Valencia! Blieve me, the medical care is second to none.
Regards
Tim
Old Aug 21st 2006, 5:39 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Mitzyboy, You shouldn't need to go private as you will be in Valencia! Blieve me, the medical care is second to none.
Regards
Tim
Yes I'm just beginning to realise that things are different in Valencia
Old Aug 21st 2006, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Different? Yes ! Wonderful? Definately!
Good luck
Tim
Old Aug 21st 2006, 6:01 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I'm just beginning to realise that things are different in Valencia
Including the language and land grab laws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.