Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are prices going up/down in your part of Spain?

Are prices going up/down in your part of Spain?

Old Apr 1st 2014, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are prices going up/down in your part of Spain?

You got me again there
Old Apr 1st 2014, 11:57 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you saying that if you watch Spanish TV and read. There has been lots of stuff about the growing problems of botellones...Google it and look at some photos if not
Old Apr 1st 2014, 11:59 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Unlike a lot of people on this forum, I like to form opinions based on experiences

I have been out dozens of times (probably hundreds) until 6-7am in Spain and hardly ever seen anyone stumbing over. Never seen a fight (except between British tourists).

Back in the UK, I saw a fight almost every time I went out

My wife says Spanish teenagers get drunk a couple of times aged 14-15 and then learn what their limits are and dont do it when they older

A lot of British people like to get paralytic at least once a week well into their 30s, 40s or even 50s and beyond!
I have to stand for cman on this one. I've rarely seen a drunken Spaniard. I see plenty of drunken Brits & Germans though. But generally I find drunken Germans tend to be the antithesis of their sober selves; funny, joking, happy... Whereas drunken Brits tend to be angry, arrogant, and aggressive.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 12:07 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

We mange to go out and not bump into drunks all the time, arrogant or happy. Some of you must go to some dumps.

Last edited by jackytoo; Apr 2nd 2014 at 12:11 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 12:11 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
We mange to go out and not bump into drunks all the time, arrogant or happy. Some of you must go to some dumps.
No, I live in a place surrounded by tourist hotspots. People tend to drink more on holiday.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 12:17 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you saying that if you watch Spanish TV and read. There has been lots of stuff about the growing problems of botellones...Google it and look at some photos if not

Quite a lot about it in the Spanish media I agree.

It came up on a BE thread quite a while back as I recall with links relating to the increasing number of stabbings.

Obviously a case of out of sight, out of mind and just because a number of posters say they've never seen it they wrongly assume it doesn't happen.
Much the same as in Madrid at the weekend I suppose, there's none so blind, eh ?

In fairness the fact that the bottle bingers meet well out of sight of the general public in total contrast to those in the UK may well be the reason that those of you living more sheltered lives haven't a clue what is going on and just how widespread the problem has become.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

In fairness the fact that the bottle bingers meet well out of sight of the general public in total contrast to those in the UK may well be the reason that those of you living more sheltered lives haven't a clue what is going on and just how widespread the problem has become.
Or it could be that you are completely exagerrating it because you have read something in the press

Life is for living, make your own opinions
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 12:45 am
Banned

It came up on a BE thread quite a while back as I recall with links relating to the increasing number of stabbings.

Obviously a case of out of sight, out of mind and just because a number of posters say they've never seen it they wrongly assume it doesn't happen.
Much the same as in Madrid at the weekend I suppose, there's none so blind, eh ?

The flat earth brigade
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 12:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by amideislas
No, I live in a place surrounded by tourist hotspots. People tend to drink more on holiday.
Yes, I have seen Scandinavians drinking beer at 9am

Although if anyone has seen the police programme about Benalmadina much of the problems in the Port area were caused by Spanish youth from Malaga.

Last edited by jackytoo; Apr 2nd 2014 at 12:48 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I can be 100% certain that you like me has seen the end of a botellon
whether it be the beach or some abandoned area, for me the last one I saw we went to watch some planes fly into Alicante, you can get really close to the fence if that is your 'thing', the last time I went there was I would say hundreds of empty bottles, Coke Lemonade, cider, cans and fag packets and more.

In the past I think maybe they were semi legal or just accepted but I don't think so no more, I remember when I had a long on off 2 year stay in Benidorm back in the 90's it was common to do this on the beach late at night, its still done just not in so much qty of people
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Although if anyone has seen the police programme about Benalmadina much of the problems in the Port area were caused by Spanish youth from Malaga.
I posted a month or two back that they are the worst I have seen, I seen many round (Brits) over consume, One bloke me and a friend had to help home the other night, we got him on his bike he got up the road, smashed straight into the kerb and off on the other side, some Spanish come over to help him up, it was a bit embarrasing and shameful, that's what 'soberano' does for you and one reason I will not drink it! Ive heard a few peeps have popped off here from that drink alone.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I think I can be 100% certain that you like me has seen the end of a botellon
whether it be the beach or some abandoned area, for me the last one I saw we went to watch some planes fly into Alicante, you can get really close to the fence if that is your 'thing', the last time I went there was I would say hundreds of empty bottles, Coke Lemonade, cider, cans and fag packets and more.

In the past I think maybe they were semi legal or just accepted but I don't think so no more, I remember when I had a long on off 2 year stay in Benidorm back in the 90's it was common to do this on the beach late at night, its still done just not in so much qty of people
They have just had one in Granada City with attendance of only 12,000 from memory.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 1:31 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Very true about the Scandinavians also.

Generally very peace loving till they hit the Costas or go on a booze cruise.
They are so restricted in their own countries that once they get a taste of freedom and cheap booze on holiday many of them lose the plot altogether and I am not talking only of the younger ones.

Really hilarious at times to see some of the older generation Scandies smashed out of their minds with not the faintest clue what total R-soles they are making of themselves.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 1:56 am
Banned

Go to the viktualienmarkt in central Munich at 8:00am any day of the year and experience 1000's of Bavarians drinking weißbier and enjoying spielgeleier mit weißwürst. But you'll rarely see anyone drunk at that time. But show up at a disco at 3:00am and you'll be surrounded. Have you ever been to Oktoberfest? Sober would be in the minuscule minority.

You'll find the same behaviours here. And if you run into a particularly drunken lot, they're almost guaranteed to be foreigners. The Mallorquins seriously frown on drunkenness.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 2:12 am
Banned

The people who I have seen who drink the least (aside from the obvious nations who ban it) are Americans. Even in posh restaurants most stick to water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.