Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Presenting myself

Presenting myself

Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:49 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Presenting myself

Originally Posted by silverchick
'Panama ' hats are in fact made in Ecuador!
are you really Keith Walters??
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Nicks is an unknown quantity at this point

Silverchick, you are 100% right! The sad thing is that Panama, gets nothing for the use of the name,.

Rugbymatt.. friends of the family has a beach bar in Ibiza, opens in may, closes in late october. they work like you say, 7am to late in the mornings, then they have a long time off, but even though they make lots of money, the last month before opening is always tough. Thats why i like costa del more, since the tourism is all year, and the expat comunity, is much larger.

nick
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:00 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicks
Silverchick, you are 100% right! The sad thing is that Panama, gets nothing for the use of the name,.

Rugbymatt.. friends of the family has a beach bar in Ibiza, opens in may, closes in late october. they work like you say, 7am to late in the mornings, then they have a long time off, but even though they make lots of money, the last month before opening is always tough. Thats why i like costa del more, since the tourism is all year, and the expat comunity, is much larger.

nick
Someone on here is selling their bar, their name is Grazy..............I am not endorsing the place at all, and neither do I endorse him, but it may be a good starting point.

Do a search for them in the Members List bellow the British Expats sign on top, then click on their profile and the link is there.

Be careful...........Grazy has a whole lot of love!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Its way to early too look at specific bars at this time for me. I am more concerned with general areas, documentations, etc etc.

Thanks anyway!

nick
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:23 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Of course with the size of your household at the moment it takes simply ages to check the washing and because you are caring for other peoples offspring you have to check it again and again and again to ensure that it is wearable!!!!!!

Good for you.

Rosemary
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:28 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
It has been estimated that owning a bar is the quickest route to bankruptcy and failure in Spain.....

That said, if you get it right, and thats no easy feat, you can make a lot of money, but be prepared for some serious hard work.

If you are thinking of doing it then put some thought into doing something different.
not to mention divorce

don't do it unless you have plenty of experience already

mind you I reckon if you do have the experience, then you wouldn't want to

If indeed you do have experience, and still want to do it - lots of luck to you
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:29 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Someone on here is selling their bar, their name is Grazy..............I am not endorsing the place at all, and neither do I endorse him, but it may be a good starting point.

Do a search for them in the Members List bellow the British Expats sign on top, then click on their profile and the link is there.

Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

nick
Who told you it was all year tourism ?
Most bars really struggle to get local clients during the winter, June July and August is the busiest time, but there are thousands of bars to accommodate them.
In Fuengirola they are building a seven hotel all inclusive holiday village, so a lot of the bars will miss out on those people.
Now if you said trading in bar sales you would probably make money, if a bar lasts two or three seasons they have done extremely well. ;-))
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Its all in the research, planing and working hard. Also, it depends on what you want to reach, become a millionair or have an income...

I do have the experience, i am still young enough to handle the hours.

Like i said in my first post, there is a long way to go, and lots of planing to do.

nick
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:14 pm
Straw Man.

Its all in the research, planing and working hard. Also, it depends on what you want to reach, become a millionair or have an income...

I do have the experience, i am still young enough to handle the hours.

Like i said in my first post, there is a long way to go, and lots of planing to do.

nick
Best way to be, we are nearly a year away but are already planning cars, houses, job links, and god knows what else.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:17 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverchick
'Panama ' hats are in fact made in Ecuador!
Why aren't they called Ecuador Hats then

I pm'd him about that and its not what he wanted at the mom
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:18 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Why aren't they called Ecuador Hats then

I pm'd him about that and its not what he wanted at the mom
No he said, and to be honest I would not advise too much business with someone who constantly wants a hug!

Just thought it may give him an idea.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

No he said, and to be honest I would not advise too much business with someone who constantly wants a hug!

Just thought it may give him an idea.
Grazy must have been scared off
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:19 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Grazy must have been scared off
Have they gone then??
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:24 pm
Senior Moment

Have they gone then??

we've been huggless for a while I think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.