Reload this Page >

Presenting myself

Presenting myself

Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Nicks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Presenting myself

Hello all,

i am not british, but swedish, and i am an expat in panama where i live with my panamanian wife.

We are thinking about moving to spain in a few years, since we cant fins good education for our two children here, and we dont want to send them to USA.

Since all of us are bilingual english/spanish i dont see a problem with the language barrier.

I would like to know if any of you are married to a non EU citizen, and how the documentation worked out when you moved to spain. I have read on the spanish imigration web site that a non EU citizen married to a EU citizen, can get a living permit, and also aply for a work permit. Any one with experience in this?

cheers and thanks

Nick
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:48 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Presenting myself

Hi Nick.

It is no longer a problem since the law about residencia changed recently.

The (non EU) wife and family of an EU citizen can apply for a residents card with the almost same formalities that you will do to get your certificate of residency.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much for a fast answer.

nick
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:59 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicks
Thank you very much for a fast answer.

nick
Our Fred is like that, fast, good for us, not so good for the woman in his life!

Welcome to the forum, hope you join in a little with the idle banter and mindless drivel that people post on here...............................
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Our Fred is like that, fast, good for us, not so good for the woman in his life!

Welcome to the forum, hope you join in a little with the idle banter and mindless drivel that people post on here...............................
By people, you mean you .....
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:02 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
By people, you mean you .....
and we have the first of the mindless posters!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

hahaha, thanks. I am in a couple of Expats in panama forums, so i am used to *strange* people.

After sneaking around this forum for a month or 2, i can honestly say that you are a very well behaved bunch of individuals. Congrats!

nick
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:08 pm
Straw Man.

hahaha, thanks. I am in a couple of Expats in panama forums, so i am used to *strange* people.

After sneaking around this forum for a month or 2, i can honestly say that you are a very well behaved bunch of individuals. Congrats!

nick
thats only because I am here, someone has to keep these odd balls in line!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Actually, my father is retired and lives half the year in Ibiza. i spent all my summers there from the day i was born until i was 24. During those years i met a whole bunch of British expats, and they were a wonderful caleidiscope of personalities, and yes, some odd balls too.

nick
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:18 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Just popping through,Hi Nicks,welcome on board

Hi Rugbymatt and Mitzyboy oops..and Fred

Last edited by dreamcatcher; Jul 24th 2007 at 5:20 pm. Reason: Forgot Fred
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Matt

Sometimes I think you deliberately put these little gems on here just waiting for the response!...and after your antics at the weekend with the lime green jacket....I rest my case!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:28 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Cornish maid
Matt

Sometimes I think you deliberately put these little gems on here just waiting for the response!...and after your antics at the weekend with the lime green jacket....I rest my case!
Thats all I ever do!!

I left an absolute gem in the CE thread but no one picked up on it, mind you I am on ignore with so many on there its only when Sam quotes me that they read my posts!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks dream cather.

I used to have a Dreamcather, made by a indian in Oklahoma, cant remember the tribe, it got lost when i moved to Panama..

nick
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

So Nicks ......... whats going on in Panama then .... apart froma large canally thing?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:34 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks dream cather.

I used to have a Dreamcather, made by a indian in Oklahoma, cant remember the tribe, it got lost when i moved to Panama..

nick

Im part Cherokee, not sure which part,Before RM says not the jeep either

When your settled you should make one with the family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.