Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Prescription costs in Spain now changed

Prescription costs in Spain now changed

Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prescription costs in Spain now changed

On a slightly amusing note not directly linked to this but in relation to free bus pass. A mate was in Blackpool and getting on the tourist tram, in fron of him was a Welsh couple who produced their bus pass. Driver said Bus passes are allowed but only English ones? the fare is*****. No doubt works the same way when in Wales.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
It was the working and having to pay out such a large chunk in NI (don't get me started on the tax) when one sizeable part of the population didn't contribute because they were on benefits, and another part didn't contribute anything like as much as they should because they aren't on PAYE and their clever tax accountants can reduce their liability to virtually nil, that p***** me off. I couldn't afford to give up work and live in the UK to the same standard that I do here.

I was in much the same situation myself Lynn and it p***** me off too!
I paid out a large amount in NI and as things stand actually paid ten years more than were needed for my pension....no refund for overpayment there!

When we moved here I got nothing and didn't expect anything until my official retirement age of sixty (yes I know I'm one of the lucky ones but I did work from age fifteen), at that point Lancashire County Council who my small private pension comes from deducted twenty three percent from my pension, simply because THEY say my retirement age should be sixty five.....
That deduction is for as long as I live, so I intend to live a very long time to get my own back.

The system is too harsh here for the Spanish, but back in the UK it's too easy for the work shy and the scroungers that inhabit those shores, the people who have never paid into the system and have no intention of doing so any time soon !
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Prescription costs in Spain now changed

Originally Posted by megmet
:

The system is too harsh here for the Spanish, but back in the UK it's too easy for the work shy and the scroungers that inhabit those shores, the people who have never paid into the system and have no intention of doing so any time soon !
Can I just put an addition " But want to take the most out of it"
Old Jul 5th 2012, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I paid out a large amount in NI and as things stand actually paid ten years more than were needed for my pension....no refund for overpayment there!

When we moved here I got nothing and didn't expect anything until my official retirement age of sixty (yes I know I'm one of the lucky ones but I did work from age fifteen), at that point Lancashire County Council who my small private pension comes from deducted twenty three percent from my pension, simply because THEY say my retirement age should be sixty five.....
That deduction is for as long as I live, so I intend to live a very long time to get my own back.

So the moral is, all those poor mugs who are in the same position you and I were should sell up and come to Spain! Then who will they get to pay for their free prescriptions et al?

They could call it a revolution, probably as near as the UK will ever get to it! Instead of the Arab Spring, the English Summer.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 4:09 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I heard somthing on the TV a while ago, it stated that the first personn who may live to be 1000 has already been born, is it you?

Some revenge if it is you.................

At least I think that is what I heard........
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I heard somthing on the TV a while ago, it stated that the first personn who may live to be 1000 has already been born, is it you?

Some revenge if it is you.................

At least I think that is what I heard........
If only.....that would show them!
Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lynn R
So the moral is, all those poor mugs who are in the same position you and I were should sell up and come to Spain! Then who will they get to pay for their free prescriptions et al?

They could call it a revolution, probably as near as the UK will ever get to it! Instead of the Arab Spring, the English Summer.
It's all in the name....it will never happen.