Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Do you have Europa Phone in the house..

Do you have Europa Phone in the house..

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:43 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you have Europa Phone in the house..

Europa telephones are offering free UK TV .. have you got this and what does it cost each month as i dont want to be conned into paying hidden extras..
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:50 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you have Europa Phone in the house..

sorry, see no need for UK TV - don't miss it, can't remember what I was watching.

the BH was there last week and she didnt understand anything they were broadcasting.

but whatever floats your boat.......
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Yep, we've had Europa for 4 years and find it a really good service, with 6MB for 35.50 euros + IVA of 18%. Your landline, which is extra, has to be paid either to Telefonica, or Europa (Europa is cheaper!). They used to have free phone calls included, but you now only get 120 mins. free
U.K.TV has all main channels, with excellent picture quallity and is free (they say it works O.K. on 3MB), I use it for all live viewing and think it's great!!

Last edited by Saxy; Jul 3rd 2012 at 4:41 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 5:54 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy
Yep, we've had Europa for 4 years and find it a really good service, with 6MB for 35.50 euros + IVA of 18%. Your landline, which is extra, has to be paid either to Telefonica, or Europa (Europa is cheaper!). They used to have free phone calls included, but you now only get 120 mins. free
U.K.TV has all main channels, with excellent picture quallity and is free (they say it works O.K. on 3MB), I use it for all live viewing and think it's great!!
I think you should look at the new add as they pay your line rental now..
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy
UK tv is free but to receive it from Europa you need to purchase a Set Top Box which works from your broadband router and is plugged into your TV. I think the one off payment is somewhere around €100.

As a Europa customer I beleive you can get free uk tv but that is direct to your computer.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Michael74
UK tv is free but to receive it from Europa you need to purchase a Set Top Box which works from your broadband router and is plugged into your TV. I think the one off payment is somewhere around €100.

As a Europa customer I beleive you can get free uk tv but that is direct to your computer.
TV is available direct to your computer via a Modem (supplied by Europa), which you then connect to your TV with an HDMI cable. If it isn't convenient to do this, then you do have to buy a Set Top Box.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:26 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

Thanks.. i went to see one working.. your rooter connects to an Box and then its pluged into the TV..Works great.. TV ..Internet.. phone line rental all for 40 euros.. Its free for 3 months.. .. Im glad they have been around for sometime ...as some are fly by night firms..Thanks for everyones comments.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Thanks.. i went to see one working.. your rooter connects to an Box and then its pluged into the TV..Works great.. TV ..Internet.. phone line rental all for 40 euros.. Its free for 3 months.. .. Im glad they have been around for sometime ...as some are fly by night firms..Thanks for everyones comments.
Don't forget to add the IVA to that
Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

My bill with Europa is €34.95 for 6mb ADSL + €13.95 for line rental + 18% IVA which works out to €57.90. I also get 120 mins free for all calls to Europe.

For new customers there may be some incentives that are not available to existing customers.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 6:15 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

Michael ..Thanks for your input.. thats what i mean ,,hidden extras its now jumped from 40e to 57.90e