Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The power of prayer

The power of prayer

Old May 2nd 2012, 3:14 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The power of prayer

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Didn't the pope recently say something along the lines of " We should welcome and Bless Aliens in the future"?
so is he suggesting that there are records of Aliens in the Pope's private library ?

or is he just refering to Aliens from other countries ?
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:19 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
so is he suggesting that there are records of Aliens in the Pope's private library ?

or is he just refering to Aliens from other countries ?
From what I have read, Not the later
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
The 'stories' in the Bible (or AFAIK any other religious writing), will not answer any science questions with accuracy, because that is not their purpose. The Bible is not a science book, it is about God's dealings with mankind and our relationship with him. If I wanted to find out how to mend my car from reading a book, I would not read a book about Confucianism, I would read the Haynes Manual.

The Bible tells us what we need to know for our spiritual health and well-being. It does not, and never intended to, tell us how to split the atom or cure cancer.
What about "Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenence"?

Old May 2nd 2012, 4:08 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
What about "Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenence"?

One of my husband's favourite books.
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:14 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

it is many years since I last read The Bible, think when I have finished the George RR Martin I am into at the moment that will be the next one I pick up.

There are many people trying to prove the statements within the Good Book with regard to people, places and battles and many have been proven.
The problem is there are very few written records around, in stone or other materials, and it is about 4000BC.
And just because there is no extant written record doesn't mean it didnt happen, just there is no written record.

So many ancient documents were lost in the fire of the Library of Alexandria that could perhaps answer many questions - but too late, all gone.
Old May 5th 2012, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
And that sums up the problem with religion - just mans greed and jealousy wrapped in the justification of a god!

Jo xxx
Old May 16th 2012, 1:23 am
Just Joined

Stillwater will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by retired in euzkadi
As a Christian, I cannot prove there is a God any more than Richard Dawkins can prove that there isn't.
There is not much that can be proven. But if one claims something extraordinary, the least one ought to do is to show the likelyhood of it.
C.f. The celestial teapot : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

Proof that god is not omnipotent : he cannot make a stone that is too heavy for him to lift .

Last edited by Stillwater; May 16th 2012 at 1:40 am.