Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The power of prayer.

The power of prayer.

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:22 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The power of prayer.

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 9:40 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of passing on my irrelevant views, here are some personal observations about the Power of Prayer, all based on people I know and who live within a couple of miles of me here in Spain.

A Welshman, whose nationality is irrelevant, works hard all week and polishes up his Harley Davidson at the weekend for a trip into the Spanish countryside with like minded mates. His God is his bike.

A Manchester United Supporter went to Valencia a few days ago to support his team. He worships a football team.

An Ulsterman is still fighting the wars of his father from hundreds of years ago. He worships the sash his father wore.

A high ranking Freemason lives for his tri-monthly meetings and will never give away his secrets.

I’ve sat in a Spanish Church with a congregation that totally believe in saints, dozens of them.

I know a woman who hugs trees.

I think it’s better to have a belief in life, otherwise you’re a rudder-less ship sailing around in meaningless circles. It doesn’t matter what you believe in.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 11:15 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Instead of passing on my irrelevant views, here are some personal observations about the Power of Prayer, all based on people I know and who live within a couple of miles of me here in Spain.

A Welshman, whose nationality is irrelevant, works hard all week and polishes up his Harley Davidson at the weekend for a trip into the Spanish countryside with like minded mates. His God is his bike.

A Manchester United Supporter went to Valencia a few days ago to support his team. He worships a football team.

An Ulsterman is still fighting the wars of his father from hundreds of years ago. He worships the sash his father wore.

A high ranking Freemason lives for his tri-monthly meetings and will never give away his secrets.

I’ve sat in a Spanish Church with a congregation that totally believe in saints, dozens of them.

I know a woman who hugs trees.

I think it’s better to have a belief in life, otherwise you’re a rudder-less ship sailing around in meaningless circles. It doesn’t matter what you believe in.

Ah. Consider the religions based on the worship of Stalin, Mao, Hitler et al, and they all were religions, mark my word. So, if it is as you say, better to believe in something, then belief in white supremacy and the genocide of those who don't quite match what that group sees as perfection must be ok?

I don't 'believe' in anything, because belief is what you have when there aren't any facts to back your feelings up.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 11:31 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

So how about this one Bil, now officially recognised and granted the same rights as other religions such as C.of E.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101002/...ids_recognized

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Oct 3rd 2010 at 12:03 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 11:42 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
So how about this one Bil, now officialy recognised and granted the same rights as other religions such as C.of E.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101002/...ids_recognized
I don't care what they want to worship, even if it's that damn jug of milk.

What I don't agree with is that a religion should ever be given charitable status or receive state money, because we do not all subscribe to religions.

I don't agree that children should ever be indoctrinated in political or religious belief, and those that do that are to my mind one step away from child abuse.