Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The power of prayer.

The power of prayer.

Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:12 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default The power of prayer.

Elspeth on another thread said (possibly tongue in cheek) that she prayed to god to get her safe back to Spain.

It struck me as interesting.

If there is a god like the religious say who answers prayers, then which prayers does he answer?

Think carefully on this. If you can't demonstrate that a particular type of prayer will get answered, or stand a better chance of being answered, then the actual likelihood is that the idle bastard isn't pulling his weight, or else has put the answer phone on and has forgotten it.

Of course, if prayers aren't answered, then why do you need to keep the priests in work.....
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The power of prayer.

Originally Posted by bil
Elspeth on another thread said (possibly tongue in cheek) that she prayed to god to get her safe back to Spain.

It struck me as interesting.
Yes but then Elspeth is a very interesting person.

My own opinion is that prayers help or comfort those who pray. I have never seen any evidence that prayers help in any other way. Much in the way that people rush to say goodbye to a dying person, the only person to gain anything from this is the person who went to say goodbye.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:22 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/god5.htm

Just a little simple reading (there's a very nice little video somewhere by the same people that talks about a "devine jug of milk")
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:25 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

You know how they say there are no atheists in foxholes? (ie when your life is in danger, you suddenly start praying?

Me, when in the sh*t, I pray thus to any listening deity.

'***** you. ***** you, and f*uck the cheap, diseased whore who sh*t you out like the turd you are!

I like to feel that this gets right to the nub of the matter
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bil
Y

'***** you. ***** you, and f*uck the cheap, diseased whore who sh*t you out like the turd you are!

blimey.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:29 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Trixie_b

Just a little simple reading (there's a very nice little video somewhere by the same people that talks about a "devine jug of milk")
Thanks for that most interesting, although after reading some of that religious cack, I now have to spend time prying chunks of vomit out of my keyboard.

It is pathetic the lengths these people will go to in order to justify their belief system.

Don't you think they are rather counting on god really, really liking butt kissers?

I'll admire them a bit the day they announce that no religious building will ever carry insurance or lightning conductors.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

the same people that talks about a "devine jug of milk")
I am lactose intolerant so no use to me
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:30 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by whitelinen
blimey.
Hey, that's my profound beliefs you are criticising there.

Light the bonfire, we have a blasphemer!!!
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:32 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
You know how they say there are no atheists in foxholes?
I noted in Touching the Void, that Joe Simpson, when in the crevace, sates that he did not turn to God.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:33 pm
bil
Banned

On another board some time ago when the gawdelpus 'miraculous' landing of that plane on the Hudson river took place, one of the resident retards posted a pic that had a pair of divine hands gently lowering the plane onto the water.

I posted asking that in balance would they post a picture of people jumping from the twin towers to certain death, with a huge divine hand in the sky giving them all the finger.

For some reason that didn't go down at all well.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:34 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I noted in Touching the Void, that Joe Simpson, when in the crevace, sates that he did not turn to God.
Good for him. I'd rather have a strong rope and a good mate at the top any day.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:42 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

I am lactose intolerant so no use to me
hehe
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:50 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:51 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but then Elspeth is a very interesting person.

My own opinion is that prayers help or comfort those who pray. I have never seen any evidence that prayers help in any other way. Much in the way that people rush to say goodbye to a dying person, the only person to gain anything from this is the person who went to say goodbye.
Believe it or not, there are those who believe in God or religion, who are not in any way involved with paedo priests or indeed any priests or places of worship at all.
They have no wish to start WW3 or indeed cause any bother or discomfort to any living thing.
They don't regularly attend church, go round preaching fire and brimstone or any other claptrap.
They basically just get comfort from their prayers and religion, and nothing more.
They could be ppl.who simply believe in the basic principles of Christian religion. They could be buddhist monks or whatever else.
Whilst a non believer myself, I still respect the rights of such ppl.and see no reason why they should all be tarred with the same brush, by those launching vindictive attacks on all sectors of religious ppl.

Another thing, I wonder just how many non-believers on here were christened at church or chapel or had their offspring christened or baptised at church or chapel ?
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Whilst a non believer myself, I still respect the rights of such ppl.and see no reason why they should all be tarred with the same brush, by those launching vindictive attacks on all sectors of religious ppl.

Another thing, I wonder just how many non-believers on here were christened at church or chapel or had their offspring christened or baptised at church or chapel ?

I firmly believe that people should be free to follow any religion they wish as long as they dont try and foist it on to me.

And in answer to your question yes to doing all that including getting married in a church but I was once a believer/follower call it what you will but later changed my mind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.