Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Possible Loss of Sky TV soon!

Possible Loss of Sky TV soon!

Old Jul 16th 2009, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Possible Loss of Sky TV soon!

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
""with a blue sky card you could even watch sky sports and sky movies on the manhatten....these are normally blocked if you try to use your sky sports / movies enabled card in another receiver other than the one that was paired by sky....
the new white sky cards work in the manhatten ok for the 6 mixes but not the sport or movie channels...yet..."
Are you saying that a blue sky card with just the entertainment mix will also show the encrypted sky sports and movies channels?
Old Jul 16th 2009, 11:47 am
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Possible Loss of Sky TV soon!

However you say the manhatten gets around that problem?
At present it will not decode premium channels using a white Sky card, but continues to work, for the time being, with an active blue Sky card (obviously dependant on subscription). At some point a firmware upgrade will become available so the white cards function as the blue ones do presently.

Also is my spare sky box any good for free channels from other satellites?
Depends what it is. If it is a Digibox it is dedicated to Sky/28ÂșE, not anything else.

Back in the UK I have an old 1000 ch.sat box,and motor control box,American I think,was quite expensive,maybe 20yr old and not used for maybe 14 yr or so but should still be in good condition.
Is that of any use now?
DVB-S was ratified in 1994, so if that box is older it most probably is an analogue box.

Last edited by Tele Addict; Jul 16th 2009 at 11:57 am.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 11:51 am
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Are you saying that a blue sky card with just the entertainment mix will also show the encrypted sky sports and movies channels?
It just shows what you pay for, i.e. if you pay for premium sports you will be able to view premium sports with a blue card without the card needing to be married to the receiver (Manhattan Plaza). This is currently not the case for the new white Sky card, which just isn't compatible with the premium channels at present using this third party receiver.

Last edited by Tele Addict; Jul 16th 2009 at 11:55 am.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:04 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Do you like the flintstones ?
Soitunly do Fred!

Appreciate the info sat-guys.
I live between three locations only one in Spain and carry my boxes of tricks with me, so only the dishes and TVs are in a fixed location.
Maybe its not your dept or a tad off topic but if I used the manhatten box on the arab channels would I likely need a huge dish for North UK or Scandinavia?
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:02 pm
Banned

if I used the manhatten box on the arab channels would I likely need a huge dish for North UK
Depends how far North. 7W not a chance and for 26E probably a 1.8m. In the south east a 1 metre dish works for 26E in perfect conditions. 1 metre is the maximum size in the UK without planning permission. I'd post on satellites.co.uk to get a really local report.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Pavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr
Do you like the flintstones ?
Are they vertically or horizontally polarised ??
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Pavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pavlo
Are they vertically or horizontally polarised ??
This is all highly testicle. As "The Guy" knows, all I want to know is whether or not the channels which currently disappear after about 6.00 pm on Freesat, stand any chance of not doing so at any time in the near future ?

Has anyone got a crystal ball ?? !!!!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:02 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pavlo
Has anyone got a crystal ball ?? !!!!
not one that can see the answer to you question....
as normal the answer to your question is "who knows" and "unlikely"