Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

place in the sun

place in the sun

Old May 7th 2007, 11:13 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: place in the sun

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
just want some evidence, you know, for research only.....
Thought your masters and therefore your research was into plants.......

Rosemary
Old May 7th 2007, 11:15 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Thought your masters and therefore your research was into plants.......

Rosemary
this is a private course I am studying.
Old May 7th 2007, 11:17 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

this is a private course I am studying.
Yeah... OK

What are having the audacity to call the course and is there a diploma or such like at the end of it?

Rosemary
Old May 7th 2007, 11:22 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... OK

What are having the audacity to call the course and is there a diploma or such like at the end of it?

Rosemary
no name, its not official enough, but at the end of it I will be fluent in spotting hotties at a mile.
Old May 7th 2007, 11:23 am

no name, its not official enough, but at the end of it I will be fluent in spotting hotties at a mile.
Thought all males had that ability without research and study, an inborn instinct.

Rosemary
Old May 7th 2007, 11:25 am
Straw Man.

Thought all males had that ability without research and study, an inborn instinct.

Rosemary
but I want to be REALLY good at it!
Old May 7th 2007, 8:39 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunnydee
I am in Rainham so not too far from you here but will be a long way in Spain. We thought about Herne and that area when we moved down here - had some good days out in Herne Bay but can't really plan a trip to the seaside in this country cos of the weather - just have to get up and go if it looks like a reasonable day.
My son likes the sea anytime and we've spent a few day trips in coats etc. while he attempts paddling in the sea!
Can't wait to get to Spain but I'm sure we will have a few wobbles also in a couple of months.

Hi that's where I live (well did until friday) I've just moved up the road, I love it around here. I lived in Malaga for six years on the coast and inland whearabouts are you moving to? Also I know quite a few ppl whose kids have gone to international schools out there. I used to live very near "sunland" school in Cartama.
Old May 7th 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
Hi that's where I live (well did until friday) I've just moved up the road, I love it around here. I lived in Malaga for six years on the coast and inland whearabouts are you moving to? Also I know quite a few ppl whose kids have gone to international schools out there. I used to live very near "sunland" school in Cartama.

The school where I will be working is in Malaga city - Do you know the city at all?
We are going out on the 26th for a few days to visit the school and look around a few areas so I don't know where we will live yet. Maybe in the city but fairly close by if not.
Old May 7th 2007, 9:00 pm

The school where I will be working is in Malaga city - Do you know the city at all?
We are going out on the 26th for a few days to visit the school and look around a few areas so I don't know where we will live yet. Maybe in the city but fairly close by if not.

I used to always go shopping in Malaga city it was about 20 minutes drive from where we lived and I loved the atmosphere in Malaga a lot more than the tourist havens of Torremolinos and Fuengirola.
I didn't know there was an international school in Malaga city, but my daughter went to a Spanish school when we lived there.

I noticed on the other thread that the sale of your house isnt going as planned. Would you consider renting it out for now and renting over there till you find your feet?
Old May 7th 2007, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

I used to always go shopping in Malaga city it was about 20 minutes drive from where we lived and I loved the atmosphere in Malaga a lot more than the tourist havens of Torremolinos and Fuengirola.
I didn't know there was an international school in Malaga city, but my daughter went to a Spanish school when we lived there.

I noticed on the other thread that the sale of your house isnt going as planned. Would you consider renting it out for now and renting over there till you find your feet?
We are going to rent over there but we need to sell the house to clear debts etc. as I won't be able to afford to keep paying them on my Spanish salary. However, we could manage for a few months but don't really want to. Hopefully things will come together eventually. Don't think we would have a problem selling if we were just sent viewers!
Old May 7th 2007, 9:28 pm

We are going to rent over there but we need to sell the house to clear debts etc. as I won't be able to afford to keep paying them on my Spanish salary. However, we could manage for a few months but don't really want to. Hopefully things will come together eventually. Don't think we would have a problem selling if we were just sent viewers!
What agent are you with? Houses in Rainham seem to get snapped up really quickly. As for the prices they've gone crazy even since we got here last August I've noticed a massive increase.
Old May 7th 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

I've sent you the name of the agent by PM as I don't want to name and shame on an open forum.
Yes houses seem to be selling quick - with other agents - I've been checking Rightmove every week to see who is selling. There are also not many houses like ours for sale so we thought it wouldn't be a problem getting viewers.
Unfrotunately although our house is worth more than we paid 3 years ago it has gone up that much.
Old May 7th 2007, 9:57 pm

I've sent you the name of the agent by PM as I don't want to name and shame on an open forum.
Yes houses seem to be selling quick - with other agents - I've been checking Rightmove every week to see who is selling. There are also not many houses like ours for sale so we thought it wouldn't be a problem getting viewers.
Unfrotunately although our house is worth more than we paid 3 years ago it has gone up that much.

I'm suprised, it would be a good idea to have a few agents it might make them try a bit harder when they have a bit of competition.

Good luck with it anyway and with the move. Its funny though you moving from Rainham to Malaga and me moving from malaga to Rainham we should swap lol. Have you a place lined up there yet? as it may be difficult in August with it being high season to find a place to rent.
Old May 7th 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

I'm suprised, it would be a good idea to have a few agents it might make them try a bit harder when they have a bit of competition.

Good luck with it anyway and with the move. Its funny though you moving from Rainham to Malaga and me moving from malaga to Rainham we should swap lol. Have you a place lined up there yet? as it may be difficult in August with it being high season to find a place to rent.
Not yet - will be going out at the end of May. Been told that as a lot of employees (where I will be working) return here for August we could get somewhere to stay whilst we find a place. May have to pitch up a tent somewhere