Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

place in the sun

place in the sun

Old May 4th 2007, 7:36 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold
Default place in the sun

I'm justW atching the programme about buying either in Kent(where I am) and Spain(where I want to be NOW!!!)OH I AM DESPERATE TO GET BACK OUT THERE!!
Old May 4th 2007, 7:50 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: place in the sun

Originally Posted by silverchick
I'm justW atching the programme about buying either in Kent(where I am) and Spain(where I want to be NOW!!!)OH I AM DESPERATE TO GET BACK OUT THERE!!
I am watching it as well, and there are two things I am being drawn to.....
Old May 4th 2007, 8:11 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

and they would be???
Old May 4th 2007, 8:12 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

and they would be???
the obvious.......
Old May 4th 2007, 8:15 pm
Fed up in England!!

I had to stop watching it, A:it was depressing me and B: THAT BLONDE BINT WAS GETTING ON ME NERVES!! AWFUL VOICE!!
Old May 4th 2007, 8:17 pm
Straw Man.

I had to stop watching it, A:it was depressing me and B: THAT BLONDE BINT WAS GETTING ON ME NERVES!! AWFUL VOICE!!
its finished and I wasn't listening to her voice....
Old May 4th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Silverchick,
can't remember where you said or if you said where your place in Spain is..
Old May 4th 2007, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Hi silverchick,
I'm also in Kent and moving to Spain in August. Where abouts in Kent are you and where are you hoping to go?
We are going to the Malaga area. Seems to be a few people on here either from or originally from Kent - including the elusive Keri!
Michaela
Old May 4th 2007, 8:27 pm
Fed up in England!!

We are from Herne, near Herne Bay, and are moving to Llacuna, Nr Villalonga, Valencia. I keep looking at pics of the house longingly!!Was having wobbly time( no, not the earthquake!) a start of week, think its cos old boy is away again and I'm thinking too much, but after councilling on here feel better, and am itching to go!!
Old May 4th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

I am in Rainham so not too far from you here but will be a long way in Spain. We thought about Herne and that area when we moved down here - had some good days out in Herne Bay but can't really plan a trip to the seaside in this country cos of the weather - just have to get up and go if it looks like a reasonable day.
My son likes the sea anytime and we've spent a few day trips in coats etc. while he attempts paddling in the sea!
Can't wait to get to Spain but I'm sure we will have a few wobbles also in a couple of months.
Old May 4th 2007, 9:12 pm
Fed up in England!!

Originally Posted by sunnydee
I am in Rainham so not too far from you here but will be a long way in Spain. We thought about Herne and that area when we moved down here - had some good days out in Herne Bay but can't really plan a trip to the seaside in this country cos of the weather - just have to get up and go if it looks like a reasonable day.
My son likes the sea anytime and we've spent a few day trips in coats etc. while he attempts paddling in the sea!
Can't wait to get to Spain but I'm sure we will have a few wobbles also in a couple of months.
Its too cold for me to swim in although my 7 year old will go in at the drop of a hat!
What made you choose the area you are going to in Spain?
We chose Valencia because the airports are fairly close(my other half is a pilot and will be commuting), the temperatures are moderate compaired to some areas in Spain (although we heard it got to 49 deg in the village last year!)
Its 6 hours door to door
Its grows oranges!!
Its not too far from the coast, after having lived so close I don't want to be mmore than a short drive from a beach.
Prices seem quite reasonable for a decent house with land.
Old May 4th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Its too cold for me to swim in although my 7 year old will go in at the drop of a hat!
What made you choose the area you are going to in Spain?
We chose Valencia because the airports are fairly close(my other half is a pilot and will be commuting), the temperatures are moderate compaired to some areas in Spain (although we heard it got to 49 deg in the village last year!)
Its 6 hours door to door
Its grows oranges!!
Its not too far from the coast, after having lived so close I don't want to be mmore than a short drive from a beach.
Prices seem quite reasonable for a decent house with land.
Sent you a PM so I don't bore everyone with my details - hope you don't mind.
Old May 4th 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

I wouldn't have been bored I like hearing about everyones plans and from those who already live out in Spain
Old May 4th 2007, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Ok then
Got teaching job at an international school in Malaga. Really wanted mainland Spain because I can go back and visit my mum or she can come out to me.
Other half is going to buy a bar when we are settled and know the area well which is why we don't want to be too far from the coast.
Suppose I didn't want to state that I'm a teacher in case people think how boring!
Also I know some people don't like the idea of children going to British schools in Spain and think they should mix with locals in state schools. Anyway, I couldn't teach in a state school at the moment and 80% of the children at the school I'm going to are Spanish anyway.
Old May 4th 2007, 10:45 pm
Fed up in England!!

I'm sending my youngest to a state school simply because I feel he is young enough to integrate into the system, and it will advantage him to be bi-lingual.
My eldest was a different story, at 17 I feel he's too old to be able to fit in so we needed an English speaking school, unfortunately, he wants to do Psychology A level and we can't find a local school that does it.
The other option was to take a year out, learn Spanish intensively and then go to the local Institute to do the I.B.
I know it would have been better to leave it a year educationally, but the time was right in so many other ways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.