Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

piercings, tats....................

piercings, tats....................

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 11:30 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default piercings, tats....................

My 12 year old dd started asking for a nose stud for her last birthday in Feb. I said not before she finished primary school, so we'd discuss it then, & if she got an excellent report we'd see.
Of course she finished primary school in June & got an excellent report (top 2%), and still wanted it done so I took her to a local jewellers, and I have to admit it looks fine. Really pretty & discreet, and tbh I'm just glad she actually wants something feminine!

I know I would not have let her have it done in the UK, cos unless it has changed, they wouldn't have allowed her to wear it at school, but it's different here. DH wasn't exactly keen, but even he has to admit it's OK.

Of course she now wants a belly button stud, and second holes in her ears. The ears I've no problem with now, and the belly button not til she's at least 16 as long as she has a wash board tummy, and she's happy with that.

what do you think - is she too young?

and am I at 48 too old? I quite fancy a nose stud myself now, and I've always said I want a tattoo before I'm 50..........

so, opinions please!

Last edited by lynnxa; Jul 22nd 2008 at 11:32 am. Reason: oops...............sorry...................feel free to delete this cos I sent it twice
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: piercings, tats....................

My daughter was the same but I didn't allow it until she was later on in teens. For one thing it caused problems at school. I think when she did have it done she had tongue, nose and ears ... this continued through uni but she has got rid of most now.

Its down to individual choice, but I didn't allow it until she had finished CSE exams. And I'm afraid as for tatoos I wouldn't have allowed it until she was 18 and maybe in a better position to consider the possible consequences.

Her boyfriend has a complete arm of tatoos. He had a straight through nose bar, lips (3) and eyebrow.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:35 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
My daughter was the same but I didn't allow it until she was later on in teens. For one thing it caused problems at school. I think when she did have it done she had tongue, nose and ears ... this continued through uni but she has got rid of most now.

Its down to individual choice, but I didn't allow it until she had finished CSE exams. And I'm afraid as for tatoos I wouldn't have allowed it until she was 18 and maybe in a better position to consider the possible consequences.

Her boyfriend has a complete arm of tatoos. He had a straight through nose bar, lips (3) and eyebrow.
Oy!!

you deleted the wrong one, where's Sam's reply gone

tongue & eyebrow piercing is NO WAY happening !(jeez don't I sound likethe heavy parent now?) Tattoos if she wants, but not before she's 18.......I think that's the law anyway

what about me though?

am I too old?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Oy!!

you deleted the wrong one, where's Sam's reply gone

tongue & eyebrow piercing is NO WAY happening !(jeez don't I sound likethe heavy parent now?) Tattoos if she wants, but not before she's 18.......I think that's the law anyway

what about me though?

am I too old?
Ooops sorry.
Yes, you're far too old
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:42 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Ooops sorry.
Yes, you're far too old
love you too

I didn't ask for honesty
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:46 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by lynnxa
love you too

I didn't ask for honesty
Ahhhhh OK

You're never too old
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Debrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the rough

My son pestered me for tatoos and piercings when he was 14 ,15 ,16 and 17...I said a definte NO !! He wanted a snake with a sword al down his harm and something on his back !!
I said once he was 18 ..I had no control over what he did with his body he could do what he wanted.
He was 18 last january..and 2 months later came back with a very discreet piercing in the top of his ear...but no tatoos !! I think he now realizes that now he can do what he wants....he doesn't want to!!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:28 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

The best advice I can give any parent is to learn how to prevaricate and put off.

It worked very well for me on a number of occasions.

Golden rule on tats, nothing that can't be easily covered by everyday clothing, and think about it very carefully. Most tats fade in the sun and look tacky.

Piercings, well, I don't like piercings facially other than for one set of earrings. More just starts to look tacky IMO

My daughter had a nose stud that got infected and that left a scar.

One really important detail. When you get a piercing, always get a solid silver insert. Silver is a massive anti bacterial and can prevent infections. Bear in mind that infections from a piercing can cause a very nasty problem, so it's best to do all you can to avoid it.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:00 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by bil
The best advice I can give any parent is to learn how to prevaricate and put off.

It worked very well for me on a number of occasions.

Golden rule on tats, nothing that can't be easily covered by everyday clothing, and think about it very carefully. Most tats fade in the sun and look tacky.

Piercings, well, I don't like piercings facially other than for one set of earrings. More just starts to look tacky IMO

My daughter had a nose stud that got infected and that left a scar.

One really important detail. When you get a piercing, always get a solid silver insert. Silver is a massive anti bacterial and can prevent infections. Bear in mind that infections from a piercing can cause a very nasty problem, so it's best to do all you can to avoid it.
Uncle Bil ...... you know everything
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:37 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Uncle Bil ...... you know everything
Its a good job someone does on here!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:43 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

You are very kind. I have a collection of odd knowledge which is sometimes useful, sometimes not.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:09 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by bil
You are very kind. I have a collection of odd knowledge which is sometimes useful, sometimes not.
and sometimes we understand what you are talking about ..... sometimes we dont ....
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:20 pm

and sometimes we understand what you are talking about ..... sometimes we dont ....
How can you say that!!!

I always understand what bil is talking about!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:26 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Same Difference

I always understand what bil is talking about!
Hello Pinnochio
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:26 pm

Hello Pinnochio
You talking to me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.