PG Tips

Old Mar 26th 2024, 11:37 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PG Tips

Originally Posted by Fred James
That link applies to travel WITHIN the EU, not bto the EU. There is a link on theat site which covers travel TO the EU.
Scan down a couple of paragraphs and it is about non EU countries.

If you travel to the EU from a non-EU country, you are not allowed to bring any meat or dairy products with you. You can however bring a limited quantity of fruit and vegetables as well as eggs, egg products and honey. Restricted quantities of fish or fish products are also allowed.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Mar 26th 2024 at 11:39 am.
Old Mar 26th 2024, 5:20 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
If you mean the UK government website, they updated the advice to say you can't.
My mistake. I checked again and it was EU to UK where you can take meat products in

EU to UK rules

Last edited by snikpoh; Mar 26th 2024 at 5:22 pm. Reason: to clarify
Old Apr 13th 2024, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob_day
Russels in Torrox have a good range of english tea types. Relatively exoensive as is the case with most expat foodstuff. We switched to teabags from Dunnes. Cheap and an excellent substitute for PG, Yorkshire et al.
I took your advice and tried the Dunnes teabags, just their standard ones. I must say they make an excellent strong brew and I will be using them in future, thanks for the tip.
Old Apr 13th 2024, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Algorfa1950 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobd22
I took your advice and tried the Dunnes teabags, just their standard ones. I must say they make an excellent strong brew and I will be using them in future, thanks for the tip.
Very interesting, I have never seen tea bags in Dunnes, where are they then? Do you mean the Dunnes in El Ingenio in Velez Malaga? I am fed up of paying through the nose for British tea bags
Old Apr 13th 2024, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Algorfa1950
Very interesting, I have never seen tea bags in Dunnes, where are they then? Do you mean the Dunnes in El Ingenio in Velez Malaga? I am fed up of paying through the nose for British tea bags
Yes, they are on sale in the Dunnes store in El Ingenio. I haven't tried them yet but have also been told by a friend that they are good. They don't stock very many food items now so can be a bit hard to spot, but they are close to the crockery and bed linen areas. Besides teabags they also sell a few different types of biscuits and a few canned goods.
Old Apr 13th 2024, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Algorfa1950 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Yes, they are on sale in the Dunnes store in El Ingenio. I haven't tried them yet but have also been told by a friend that they are good. They don't stock very many food items now so can be a bit hard to spot, but they are close to the crockery and bed linen areas. Besides teabags they also sell a few different types of biscuits and a few canned goods.
Thanks for that, I will take a look the next time I am there.
Old Apr 13th 2024, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Yes that's where we got them. They do a standard type and a gold blend (I think it's called that). We tried the standard ones which cost around 4 euros for a box of 160. We happened to be in there the other day.and I remembered bob bobs recommendation so thought I will give them a go. For me they are good strong looking brew nice colour to it and nice taste, they will be my go to tea bags now.