Pets in Spain?

Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Nacnud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pets in Spain?

How many domestic pets are you allowed? Is it like in the UK where people are generally ok providing there's no nuisance?

I'm hoping to move to a place just outside town with no immediate neighbours or busy roads but I have 4 dogs and 1 cat. I'd be sad to leave any number of them behind
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:26 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pets in Spain?

Originally Posted by Nacnud
How many domestic pets are you allowed? Is it like in the UK where people are generally ok providing there's no nuisance?

I'm hoping to move to a place just outside town with no immediate neighbours or busy roads but I have 4 dogs and 1 cat. I'd be sad to leave any number of them behind

The words not allowed iare not in the Spanish volcabulary there is no limit well not according to some of the things I see in gardens

Last edited by crispy; Apr 16th 2007 at 2:28 pm. Reason: turned it into english, looked a bit like DJ had been at here. love you really DJ
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:56 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Same here, but remember that the Spanish attitude to pets is NOT like the English attitude, you will hear plenty of horror stories of puppies and kittens being dumped in the litter bins, dogs that have outlived their use, or are just not wanted any more being abandoned at the roadside, or, even worse, hung from trees. There are more animal charities operating in Spain than I've ever heard of in the UK, and that's only in one area.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

brit_87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nacnud

I have also been looking at taking my pets (not quite as many as four) and found the following link useful:

Pets

Hope its of some use

Last edited by brit_87; Apr 16th 2007 at 3:12 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

brit_87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Just incase this is of any interest I have found the following information:

Dogs:
2 blood tests and a passport costs £190.80 + £20 if dog is not already micro chipped!

Cats:
Vaccination, blood test and passport costs £193.43 + £17.50 if not already micro chipped!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brit_87
Just incase this is of any interest I have found the following information:

Dogs:
2 blood tests and a passport costs £190.80 + £20 if dog is not already micro chipped!

Cats:
Vaccination, blood test and passport costs £193.43 + £17.50 if not already micro chipped!
If you do a search on the forum you will find info on what is needed, I seem to remember you only need the PP to get them back to the UK.
Some threads HERE

Last edited by jdr; Apr 16th 2007 at 5:10 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
If you do a search on the forum you will find info on what is needed, I seem to remember you only need the PP to get them back to the UK.
Some threads HERE
They will still have to be innocuated to be able to put them in any kennels/cattery + they will also need to be chipped each time you move ( that is the legal requirement ), but it only takes 5mins and is put into their passport
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big_john
They will still have to be innocuated to be able to put them in any kennels/cattery + they will also need to be chipped each time you move ( that is the legal requirement ), but it only takes 5mins and is put into their passport
Yeah but how much is the charge for 5 PP`s if he dont really need them. ouch
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

toyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud of

A British vet will try and get you to have the full works, loads of injections, plus the Pet Passport. You do not need this to enter Spain, unless of course you intend to cross EU borders with the animals, such as returning to England with them.

UK vets have to pay for their expensive 4WDs somehow you know!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:41 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Urbanisations/communities will often have their own rules. Where we used to live a neighbour was told to move the dogs out or go themselves! They went. They were renting and had told the owner they had a small dog.........in fact they had 4, in a 1st floor apartment. They were often left on the balcony all day barking, weeing & pooing. The stink!

A spanish neighbour told me that the 'law' was only 3 in an apartment. Whether that was an urb law or a national one I don't know.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. The kind of place I'm looking for has land and hardly any neighbours, not close by anyway

I think if they don't cause a nusiance, we should be ok.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Hi I work in a vets.. to get a pet passport 1st the animal needs a microchip, £20.00 ish then a rabies vaccination £45.00 ish 30 days after the vacc they need a blood test £78.00 ish all being that the blood test comes back with an high enough antibody to rabies ( if not repeat blood test ) you then have to take the animal back to the vet where they will scan the microchip again and issue the passport around £35.00 total around £183.00...... The animal cannot re-enter England untill 6 months after a succesful blood test. Hope this is of some use to you
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:03 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jeanc
Hi I work in a vets.. to get a pet passport 1st the animal needs a microchip, £20.00 ish then a rabies vaccination £45.00 ish 30 days after the vacc they need a blood test £78.00 ish all being that the blood test comes back with an high enough antibody to rabies ( if not repeat blood test ) you then have to take the animal back to the vet where they will scan the microchip again and issue the passport around £35.00 total around £183.00...... The animal cannot re-enter England untill 6 months after a succesful blood test. Hope this is of some use to you

Hello

If like me you have no intentions of taking the animal back to the UK (my pussy very old) you will not have to have the blood test (saves £78.00) done. All so within 5 days before you leave UK the pets need to go to the vets for check up to say they are fit to travel in the next five days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.