Personal Loan

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:56 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Re: Personal Loan

Originally Posted by battlezone123
My father-in-law died back in March and because we live in Spain we thought it best that he appoint a solicitor as an executor of the Will. Bad mistake. He charges £250 an hour and it still has not gone to probate. Everytime I write to him something else has "cropped up". At one point we were told it would take another 20 days, we rang him and he said another 6-8 weeks. Now he will not even give a time range. I am fed up with the rain here in Galicia and the OH has been working hard and it has been a stressful 6 months. So I am after a short term loan to fund a trip to the Caribbean for a bit of R&R. And it has to be done before the kids go back in September. Hence the rush. Our UK bank cannot help because we are not on the electorial role - even though we have been with them for over 10 years.
There are many UK banks that have branches in Spain they would be able to confirm your details here in Spain and be able to check your UK credit history
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:03 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Get back to the solicitor, he should be able to give you some dosh up front !

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grebo
Get back to the solicitor, he should be able to give you some dosh up front !

Banks, insurance etc will only release the money when Probate has been granted. You cannot get Probate until the Inland Revenue has received the final accounts. No distribution of any funds can be made until the IR have had their chunk.

It is the senior partner who is dealing with the Will.

And it is my husband's father who has died.