Personal Loan

Old Jun 30th 2008, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Personal Loan

I need a short term personal loan and was wondering how to go about getting one. In the UK you would just ring a company and a cheque would be delivered - but here is it different? What would be the criteria for applying, do they have unsecured loans? Would my bank be the best place to go first? How long do they take to approve a loan? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 3:16 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal Loan

Originally Posted by battlezone123
I need a short term personal loan and was wondering how to go about getting one. In the UK you would just ring a company and a cheque would be delivered - but here is it different? What would be the criteria for applying, do they have unsecured loans? Would my bank be the best place to go first? How long do they take to approve a loan? Any help would be appreciated.
Cant help you there, but I suppose it is not a s easy as the UK. I think you might have to sell your soul to the devil. I see you are in Galicia, and I am sure you know that the canny Gallegos hardly every ask for a loan where they have to pay interest.
On the other hand most dont earn interest either, as they a known to keep their money in a sock or invest it in the BanCo jones. Only kidding, but not much.
How is the pulpo at this time of year?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 3:25 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Speak with Same Differance she's always on the borrow ya ken ther noo

There's a little world credit crunch at the moment no credit history no cash Good job I still have some of the old Brinks Matt no ferrous metals in my little shed down to my last one or two mill now, But the Canary wharf investment still gives a nice income Thanks to Michael Caine and others.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jun 30th 2008 at 3:31 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:22 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Relatively low sum personal loans are big business here at the moment. Have a listen to commercial Spanish radio stations eg Europa FM and you will hear ads for personal loan companies...one call, answer yes or no in the same call type companies. I seem to recall there is one called Cofidis or something similar. Edit...here is a link
http://www.cofidis.es/ofrecemos_directcash.php

Last edited by Hillybilly; Jun 30th 2008 at 5:25 pm. Reason: sp and link found
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought of approaching your bank?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:19 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

Remember when you go to the bank, you get more with a smile and a gun than with a smile alone.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have but we have only been here for two years therefore no credit history. We do not have a mortgage. But maybe on a positive note we know the bank manager really well.

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Relatively low sum personal loans are big business here at the moment. Have a listen to commercial Spanish radio stations eg Europa FM and you will hear ads for personal loan companies...one call, answer yes or no in the same call type companies. I seem to recall there is one called Cofidis or something similar. Edit...here is a link
http://www.cofidis.es/ofrecemos_directcash.php
Thanks for this. Trouble is that my Spanish is non existent. I rely too much on the kids to do the talking for me and have got lazy learning the language.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 6:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have but we have only been here for two years therefore no credit history. We do not have a mortgage. But maybe on a positive note we know the bank manager really well.

Thanks for this. Trouble is that my Spanish is non existent. I rely too much on the kids to do the talking for me and have got lazy learning the language.
I was taking down a telephone number of a builder off a van in the street some years ago in Oliva, and the manager of SOL Bank walked up to me and gave me his card, said if I was thinking of getting building work done then they could help finance it!!!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was taking down a telephone number of a builder off a van in the street some years ago in Oliva, and the manager of SOL Bank walked up to me and gave me his card, said if I was thinking of getting building work done then they could help finance it!!!
One of the first things we did when we moved here was purchase a water pump. But the OH could not get it to work and therefore the boiler would not fire up because there was no pressure. I was not happy with this as I was looking forward to having a hot shower. Anyway the "argument" carried on as we went into the bank to pay some money into our account. We had no idea that the bank manager had been listening (his office was in the corner of the bank) but who should come up to our house in the afternoon - yes, the bank manager. And yes, he got it working.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:23 pm
Senior Moment

One of the first things we did when we moved here was purchase a water pump. But the OH could not get it to work and therefore the boiler would not fire up because there was no pressure. I was not happy with this as I was looking forward to having a hot shower. Anyway the "argument" carried on as we went into the bank to pay some money into our account. We had no idea that the bank manager had been listening (his office was in the corner of the bank) but who should come up to our house in the afternoon - yes, the bank manager. And yes, he got it working.
Now thats what I call service!!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:55 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

You need The Loan-Arranger::embaressed_smile:

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
You need The Loan-Arranger::embaressed_smile:
I see you are not TONTO
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:26 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

I had a bank loan once (with the solbank) I needed a current work contract & proof of address also my wages was being paid in there. So that probably helped.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

My father-in-law died back in March and because we live in Spain we thought it best that he appoint a solicitor as an executor of the Will. Bad mistake. He charges £250 an hour and it still has not gone to probate. Everytime I write to him something else has "cropped up". At one point we were told it would take another 20 days, we rang him and he said another 6-8 weeks. Now he will not even give a time range. I am fed up with the rain here in Galicia and the OH has been working hard and it has been a stressful 6 months. So I am after a short term loan to fund a trip to the Caribbean for a bit of R&R. And it has to be done before the kids go back in September. Hence the rush. Our UK bank cannot help because we are not on the electorial role - even though we have been with them for over 10 years.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

If wife is due money from her Dad´s Estate and the Solicitor writes to confirm this (we have certainly done it for clients in the past when I worked in England) you might find Bank more willing to lend. Just a thought!

P.S. Contact Practice Manager or Senior Partner - that usually works and the file suddenly gets to the top of the pile!

Last edited by SueG; Jul 2nd 2008 at 11:34 am. Reason: Added P.S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.