Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Raffling My House

Raffling My House

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light
Default Raffling My House

I am thinking about selling raffle tickets to sell my house what do you all think and can anyone tell me how I would go about this ?
obviously we would need to get the market value so would need to sell enough tickets to cover this but not sure where to start any advice would be welcome,
I have heard this has been done in the past so I am quite curios.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:08 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Raffling My House

Originally Posted by Sugarlugs
I am thinking about selling raffle tickets to sell my house what do you all think and can anyone tell me how I would go about this ?
obviously we would need to get the market value so would need to sell enough tickets to cover this but not sure where to start any advice would be welcome,
I have heard this has been done in the past so I am quite curios.
Read this first. I think you will change your mind.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_16902.shtml
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:18 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

OK, the lesson here is simple and obvious. Don't copy things blindly, but ensure that you understand the procedures involved.

Don't let it put you off. First of all look carefully at the rules and see what it is that determines it to be a raffle, a lottery or whatever.

It's like the TV ones where you ring in to guess the answer.

is two plus two

a) ten
b) seventy one
c) four.

Dial our premium rate number 8887776655432

This is the purest b*ll*cks, as everyone knows the answer, but because of the question, it is defined differently under the law.

You could do a similar trick, but please, please learn the lesson that this guy didn't.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

right well I,ll forget that then thank you for your advice it was only an idea but better to find out now than after and end up worse off cheers
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 2:09 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

No, that's not what I said. It might work really well. Just make sure that you study it properly first and avoid the pitfalls.

The other guy didn't think it thru first.

Think it thru, and you could be onto a winner.