Pellet Burners

Old Mar 18th 2015, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

susanspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pellet Burners

I am starting a new thread as the one on here 3 years ago is now closed.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain...-723414/page2/

We bought a Leroy Merlin Abe Cube (6kw) and although it has done the job, it has become too noisy for us. (We didn't realise how noisy until we went into our local eco/solar store and heard a different model.) So we have decided to upgrade for next winter. (As the Eco ones are a more expensive brand.)

Just so we don't throw good money after bad, has anyone done any extensive research on the free standing upright pellet burners, and would you share your opinions here please.

We are looking at the Eco Forest Range. The 'Moon' burner is their most basic and comes in at Eu 1,300 (as opposed to the LM one that cost us Eu800.)

We are also keen to know of any maintenance/running issues with any of the burners you have and what you have had to do to keep the machine in good running order. (I have found a few threads where they say unless you have 100% the correct flue installation, you will get problems.)

We are planning to use a local co to do the install, unlike getting our builder to do the first one. (We have moved house so can start again.)

Thank you for any feedback!

NB For the few months we used the Leroy Merlin Cube it did the job very well. It was just far too noisy!