Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Selling my spainish car

Selling my spainish car

Old Mar 17th 2015, 5:16 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of
Default Selling my spainish car

Hi can anyone give some info .Im selling my car in july .But the car going to the canary islands .As im register keeper .What do I have do .When I got the car 7 yrs ago my neighbour done everything for me .ITV and other things upto date .I been told I need go to office sign paperwork in la cala (mijas costa ) I don't what look stupid .Does the person who buying it .Need be there . So confused .
thank you
Old Mar 18th 2015, 4:08 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling my spainish car

Save yourself the aggravation and sell it to a dealer.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 6:37 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Or

Its very easy if you both go to the gestor and do the sale/buying there.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 7:56 am
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

Im not getting another car Its costing to much in storage and not getting used as much . And the rest .Its cheaper to hire .

Whats a gestor
And what paperwork do I give him what do I keep .
Old Mar 18th 2015, 7:59 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by w1ldcat
Im not getting another car Its costing to much in storage and not getting used as much . And the rest .Its cheaper to hire .

Whats a gestor
And what paperwork do I give him what do I keep .
Wow, how long have you been here and yet you don't know what a gestor is???

A gestor is someone who knows the system and can help with bureaucratic tasks by helping to shuffle the paperwork. They are usually known to the authorities so know the system well and (IMHO) are worth their weight in gold.

Go and see one, they will tell you what is required.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 8:36 am
around

As I don't stay full time in Spain . if I was I would not be ask stupid questions . I'm not out till July . He coming to take the car then . Stressed out ill selling it . Smart comment dont help. My neighbour confused me worried me . Why things in Spain not simple .
Old Mar 18th 2015, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

As I don't stay full time in Spain . if I was I would not be ask stupid questions . I'm not out till July . He coming to take the car then . Stressed out ill selling it . Smart comment dont help. My neighbour confused me worried me . Why things in Spain not simple .
Whilst having some sympathy, I'm with the earlier poster. Even if you're not living here full time, not to know what a Gestor is, is frankly unbelievable!
Good luck though!
Old Mar 18th 2015, 10:40 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

So, as stated, a gestor will solve all of your problems and make life much more simple.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
So, as stated, a gestor will solve all of your problems and make life much more simple.
Absolutely, there are loads around, When we sold, the guy buying our car took us to one in Fuengirola, the whole thing took 30mins including the vehicle check and cost us nothing.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 4:28 pm
around

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
Absolutely, there are loads around, When we sold, the guy buying our car took us to one in Fuengirola, the whole thing took 30mins including the vehicle check and cost us nothing.
Do you have the address , most great full .
Old Mar 18th 2015, 5:06 pm
around

I sent the guy a message .He coming over for few wks and going be there sort out paperwork . As going to lanzarote for last few yrs of its life . im worring to much about it .
We get buy and ITV my own car .As for the house and other stuff .We just ask my neighbours they tell us where place is .Get buy broken spainish .normally they happy to help .My lawyers pay fees for my taxes end of the year
Old Mar 18th 2015, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

I dont remember where it was exactly after 2 yrs, but it was near the health centre on the Mijas costa side of Fuengirola. There must be a load of them in Fuengirola, I know where my local one is in Torremolinos if that is any help.
Ask one of your neighbors for the Direcion of a local Gestor (Is it written Hestoria or something similar?)
Old Mar 18th 2015, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

I sent the guy a message .He coming over for few wks and going be there sort out paperwork . As going to lanzarote for last few yrs of its life . im worring to much about it .
We get buy and ITV my own car .As for the house and other stuff .We just ask my neighbours they tell us where place is .Get buy broken spainish .normally they happy to help .My lawyers pay fees for my taxes end of the year
Lanzarote is Spanish so I can't see why you should be worried - and in any case once you have sold it it's no longer your responsibility.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 6:50 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have the address , most great full .
Do you know Benalmadena Pueblo ?