PDT v TIO

Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:23 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PDT v TIO

Originally Posted by two tubes of toothpaste
PDT wasn't a place "off-topic" with "a Spanish flavour", most of the threads were about how Islam is shafting Britain and UKIP.

I seem to have an extra comma left over from somewhere...
I think that the original intention of the PDT was for the Spanish forum to have an off topic section though, like the Trailer Park is, in the US forums.

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
ABSOLUTE NONSENSE.

TIO is like a Sunday afternoon tea-party compared with what PDT once was and to me the main problem up there is sheer boredom beyond belief which is so obviously why they've turned to us.

The whole point of PDT was a bit rough and tumble for those who preferred something a little more lively.

No one is forced to enter the Plaza if the feel they can't handle it or it is not for them and that point has been made very,very clear by the mods.

As for getting shredded on TIO, I get the impression that most of them couldn't even shred their way out of a paper bag.

I can only presume that those who complain about PDT are of limited forum experience.
I've seem many very successful far rougher forums with no quarter asked or given and at the same those involved making really interesting contributions,...

...... rather than the pathetic stream of endless boring one liners up on TIO which I believe it was Bev who actually said she wished to avoid.

Why should our contributions be used to try and breathe life into them ?

OK it's within forum authority rules to do so, but I note that even our well respected ex mod, Mitzy, does not agree with what is being attempted and IMHO it shows an even worse lack of respect to posters contributions, than many on here are apparently being pilloried for.
The threads that were moved were to do with the UKIP. Those are discussions that Brits all over the forum would be interested in taking part in. I don't know the reason why they were moved, nor will I attempt to speculate, but that they were only opened them up to a wider audience. What's so bad about that? Unless they were really all started so that all the UKIP supporters could take place in some big online circle jerk and where's the fun in that?

We're not bored in TIO, I participate in many threads in the US boards. We just remember a time when there were many great threads in there. Excuse us, if you will, for getting a bit excited when some new activity started up from our Spanish contingent. I do enjoy bumping into new faces online, with a shared connection to the UK.

The one liners are what they are, take them with a pinch of salt and move on.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:42 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of these posts sound very friendly and conciliatory. Please forgive me for being a bit sceptical but I recently started a thread (now closed) where I had the misfortune to do a typo in the thread title ( long nails and ipads). Interesting read

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=834357
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:54 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

You're obviously not up to date Mr.S.O.S. they are not all UKIP as I have already mentioned and in reply to Mr Toothpaste, you have pretty well answered his enquiry.

I prefer to see issues fully discussed where possible, rather than the flippant replies, one liners which you mention, mostly involving sad attempts at sarcasm or cynicism as an attempt to brush over the issues.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jun 7th 2014 at 9:56 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

two tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond repute

You're obviously not up to date Mr.S.O.S. they are not all UKIP as I have already mentioned and in reply to Mr Toothpaste, you have pretty well answered his enquiry.

I prefer to see issues fully discussed where possible, rather than the flippant replies, one liners which you mention, mostly involving sad attempts at sarcasm or cynicism as an attempt to brush over the issues.
Giggle.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 10:54 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Threads ebb and flow, there are natural lulls, which get filled in with silliness from time to time. We do return to the issues at hand more often than not.

Either way, it's still nice to see new faces.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 11:15 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Giggle.
Kind of proved my point, eh ?

Having seen a few of your postings elsewhere and no doubt with your long term experience of BE and knowledge of my posts I kind of thought you might like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKMD_8-tj5c

Not sure why, but you kind of remind me of another very unpopular poster, ........could be your twin brother I reckon..
Old Jun 7th 2014, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

two tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of proved my point, eh ?

Having seen a few of your postings elsewhere and no doubt with your long term experience of BE and knowledge of my posts I kind of thought you might like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKMD_8-tj5c

Not sure why, but you kind of remind me of another very unpopular poster, ........could be your twin brother I reckon..
Quite a tribute Disaster Duck !

I'm humbled.

Old Jun 8th 2014, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
A lot of these posts sound very friendly and conciliatory. Please forgive me for being a bit sceptical but I recently started a thread (now closed) where I had the misfortune to do a typo in the thread title ( long nails and ipads). Interesting read

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=834357
I thought that that thread would be interesting given the news about that town in Northern Spain that is attempting is to change its name. Currently called Castrillo matajudios.

Also in the press recently was Spain's agreement to grant dual citizenship to descendants (those that could prove it) of the Spanish purge of Jews in the 15c.

But within seconds it was derailed and turned into a 'love in'.

Good topic, worthy of debate and completely ruined.

My fear is that PDT and TIO will both end up pleasing no-one.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

You have only to take the example of EMR, someone who's views I cannot find a common cause with, 9 times out of 10, but who is, to me, a bloody hero to stand up to all the shit the people here have thrown at him.
Originally Posted by Domino
considering the comments you have made in PDT and the attempts to derail (unsuccessfully) Gibraltar........
sounds like a turkey voting for Christmas

I'm still of the opinion they are one and the same.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
In the same way that I am not entirely unconvinced that you are not in anyway whatsoever unconnected with the entity that uses the nomenclature "Fred James".

I also think that Mitzyboy posts most of his stuff under the username of "Jackytoo".

That's paranoia for you.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 9:05 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Sorrow to correct you, it may come as shock to you that not everyone thinks as you do.
Fortunately we live in a society where different views are not only allowed but encouraged.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 3:21 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

great minds
Old Jun 8th 2014, 3:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

In the same way that I am not entirely unconvinced that you are not in anyway whatsoever unconnected with the entity that uses the nomenclature "Fred James".

I also think that Mitzyboy posts most of his stuff under the username of "Jackytoo".

That's paranoia for you.
Are you suggesting that Jacky and I are intimate?
Old Jun 8th 2014, 4:06 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Are you suggesting that Jacky and I are intimate?

The mind boggles.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Anybody want to see PDT getting shredded 9-0 away from home on TIO ?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...3264&page=1513

Post #22684 and onwards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.