PDT v TIO

Old Jun 16th 2014, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PDT v TIO

Originally Posted by Domino
Jeez there ought to be a law against posting such huge piccies.

We find that the teckies have carried out a planned maintenance visit, buggered it all up, left us with a super slow website - and yet they still allow piccies of that size.

no justice in life
+1

All the things you are and aren't allowed to do, and yet this is still allowed !
Old Jun 16th 2014, 2:46 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennieJ
+1

All the things you are and aren't allowed to do, and yet this is still allowed !
too right on that, and I am starting to take it personally

`

Last edited by Domino; Jun 16th 2014 at 2:48 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 2:51 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

`
Of course, because that makes perfect sense

Aside from that, you all do realise that the limit on image size is based on the file size, not the amount of pixels along each edge, right? Annoying as it is when it reformats the whole page, it really isn't anything that the tech team are going to waste their time over.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 2:59 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez there ought to be a law against posting such huge piccies.

We find that the teckies have carried out a planned maintenance visit, buggered it all up, left us with a super slow website - and yet they still allow piccies of that size.

no justice in life
Originally Posted by jennieJ
+1

`
Good grief people. The pic just came out a bit larger than I expected. Nobody "allowed" anything either way.

If it grossly offends you do please email admin to ask them to remove it.

You might get sucked into the anomaly though. Just saying...
Old Jun 16th 2014, 2:59 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Of course, because that makes perfect sense

Aside from that, you all do realise that the limit on image size is based on the file size, not the amount of pixels along each edge, right? Annoying as it is when it reformats the whole page, it really isn't anything that the tech team are going to waste their time over.
well considering the mess they have made of the planned maintenance and associated upgrades perhaps they should be doing what the client wants rather than doing what they want.
but that is the IT ethos.

`
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:00 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

well considering the mess they have made of the planned maintenance and associated upgrades perhaps they should be doing what the client wants rather than doing what they want.

`
Site's working fine here.

Outside the Anomaly.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Good grief people. The pic just came out a bit larger than I expected. Nobody "allowed" anything either way.

I've asked the techs if they can block people posting large pics because it reduces the rest of the thread. It will also use a lot of data. It may take a while for them to get round to it...what with all the problems with the recent upgrade.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:02 pm

just expressing a viewpoint as I understand I am still allowed that little luxury, so no need to get so defensive
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:03 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

`
Other than jokes about 'could you have posted a bigger picture', I don't think anyone has brought up the desire for a pixel limit on in-forum pictures though, they can't address an issue they don't know is there.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

just expressing a viewpoint as I understand I am still allowed that little luxury, so no need to get so defensive
I don't think LIW was being defensive...she was saying she doesn't mind if it is removed, It will be removed shortly.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I've asked the techs if they can block people posting large pics because it reduces the rest of the thread. It will also use a lot of data. It may take a while for them to get round to it...what with all the problems with the recent upgrade.
Thank you.

It didn't look that large on the site I grabbed it from, honest guv. I don't think it is a large file actually since it's just a screen grab so it won't suck up too much power, it's just in a large format.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jun 16th 2014 at 3:07 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:07 pm
I have a comma problem

Thank you.

It didn't look that large on the site I grabbed it from, honest guv. I don't think it is a large few actually since it's just a screen grab so it won't suck up too much power, it's just in a large formay.
You never know what size a pic will post at until it is posted, unless you preview the post before submitting.

It won't be a large file size, probably just a few megs, it's the pixels that determine the physical size of the image on screen. Bit of a non issue really, unless your internet is really shit, I suppose. Like 1995 dial-up shit.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
You never know what size a pic will post at until it is posted, unless you preview the post before submitting.

It won't be a large file size, probably just a few megs, it's the pixels that determine the physical size of the image on screen. Bit of a non issue really, unless your internet is really shit, I suppose. Like 1995 dial-up shit.
Well anyway, it seems it will be taken care of soon so we can go back to discussing actual crimes against humanity and stuff.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:11 pm
I have a comma problem

Well anyway, it seems it will be taken care of soon so we can go back to discussing actual crimes against humanity and stuff.
I know I'll sleep easier tonight, knowing the big issues are under control
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:20 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I think it should be left there, just 'cause.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.