Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Parador closing

Parador closing

Old Dec 9th 2012, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parador closing

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Lovely photo, council houses ?
Sorry bad comparison.

Most council houses are better built and have gardens.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Lovely photo, council houses ?

He was just being cheeky - though I personally have nothing against Council Houses. Many are better built and more attractive than many new builds....and even if they have slightly detracted from the view (which I don't think they have) the setting is still superb. If it is sensibly priced it will surely sell as it is an obvious opportunity for someone with the means to fund it.

Or lovely for a private residence...
Old Dec 10th 2012, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I don't know which houses you mean, that was what I was asking. My council semi was fab pity my then husband lived in it too though
Old Dec 10th 2012, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

September 2007 from Parador window

They don't look any better completed
Old Dec 10th 2012, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah The Mirador crescent looking bit. I had a look at some places in there not for me !

Thank you Fred.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 3:39 am
Just Joined

ARPcPro is an unknown quantity at this point

For the prices they charged especially for the food I'm surprised it took so long to close.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ARPcPro
For the prices they charged especially for the food I'm surprised it took so long to close.

Yes, you are right the pricing both for the rooms or food was expensive when I stayed there. I think it could be run better and do well though.

I think it does look better now Fred than when you took that picture - just my opinion though.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:11 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

We often used to spend a couple of days in different Paradors when they had offers. All of them seemed to be lacking in investment and had tired rooms. Indifferent staff and awful food and menu choice. When we stayed in JaƩn the room had stunning views but the furniture was so shabby. A carpet was so threadbare OH rolled it up and shoved it under the bed, as we kept tripping up over it. In the Granada one I asked for a well done steak, looked great but it was raw and frozen in the middle....the waiter was real frosty when I sent it back. They didn't replace it either, came back re-cooked with all the bits I had cut up They had jobs for life and didn't care!
Old Dec 11th 2012, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
Yes, you are right the pricing both for the rooms or food was expensive when I stayed there. I think it could be run better and do well though.

I think it does look better now Fred than when you took that picture - just my opinion though.
I don't agree with your opinion

We like J2 used to take advantage of the offers and found the accommodation acceptable under those circumstances. In Ayamonte we used to eat in town of an evening and if we were not on a Bed & Breakfast offer we would go down to the shopping centre and have breakfast for a Euro or two.

The location in Jaen is stunning but very little else lives up to expectation.

Old Dec 12th 2012, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, it's a bit dark...
Attached Thumbnails Parador closing-august-2012-012.jpg  
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
The location in Jaen is stunning but very little else lives up to expectation.
We found the common areas to be excellent, and the food to be very good

But the bedroom was terrible, and they had the heating blasting out all night which made us ill. Apparently we were in the part of the castle that hadnt been reformed yet
Old Dec 13th 2012, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

In Laguna Square there is a table where you can sign a petition to keep the Ayamonte Parador open.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:03 am
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point

In Laguna Square there is a table where you can sign a petition to keep the Ayamonte Parador open.
If the table is not, you can also sign in Laguna Cafe in the same square and many other shops and bars.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

The rumour is that the government are closing certain Paradors so that they can sell them to private investors who will open them up again in a few years time under private ownership

They dont want the bagage of all the staff which is why they have to sack everyone first
Old Dec 13th 2012, 2:08 am
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point

The new executive of Paradores is the ex-wife of a politician and earn three times more than Mariano Rajoy, president of the government. If they want to save money (which is the excuse whch has been given), may be they should start by the top....