Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Orange Tree Bar

The Orange Tree Bar

Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:11 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Orange Tree Bar

Well I dont know what to say really.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:21 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

I think MichaelandDawn would like to hear you say, The cheques in the Post
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:23 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I think MichaelandDawn would like to hear you say, The cheques in the Post
Well quite clearly thats never going to happen
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Not like you surely Mitzyboy!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:22 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by bigglesworth

Not like you surely Mitzyboy!
OK .... I mean I don't know what to say that would be acceptable
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:54 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

well thats a first!

a welcome change but a first all the same.....
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:08 pm
ĀæDĆ³nde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

don't know whether to put this here or on the Torre thread - but

my dh knows a woman in Torre with a house valued 2 weeks ago at 210k & a cafe/restaurant valued at the same time at 250k, with a 98k annual turnover

she would take 245k for the package - a 215k drop just to get back to England

she has really good health reasons for wanting to go - high blood pressure, a triple by-pass, diabetes - and to top it all her dh was diagnosed 6 months ago with Altzheimers

anyone think she stands a chance of selling?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
don't know whether to put this here or on the Torre thread - but

my dh knows a woman in Torre with a house valued 2 weeks ago at 210k & a cafe/restaurant valued at the same time at 250k, with a 98k annual turnover

she would take 245k for the package - a 215k drop just to get back to England

she has really good health reasons for wanting to go - high blood pressure, a triple by-pass, diabetes - and to top it all her dh was diagnosed 6 months ago with Altzheimers

anyone think she stands a chance of selling?

If it wasnt in Torre........ prolly!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

We did try though!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 5:32 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

The couple who bought my pub in 2003 had a baby in 2006 and guess what? They still seem to be able to run a pub...
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:20 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

So sad, they looked like a nice couple. Must be a record for running a bar and getting out. March they were researching and now it's all over. Did say at the time that my Uncle lives nearby and none of the bars do anything only the quality restaurants, not that sort of area. Hey-ho
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

I don't know, but I think I will still take my hat off to them for having the gumption to actually do the do, walk the walk, as opposed to so many who just talk the talk. It's easy to pass judgement from the safety of the sidelines. To me, there is no success or failure, just the knowledge that comes from partaking in the journey. Also I respect the fact that they returned here to talk of thier change of plan. I know of many who are stuck in the rut of their own making, afraid of the consequences of any change. I wish the three of you many interesting journeys to come.
PS Running a bar seems to have caused Michael to lose his hair
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:06 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

is this a virtual bar?

baileys please.....
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:32 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
The couple who bought my pub in 2003 had a baby in 2006 and guess what? They still seem to be able to run a pub...
NO!!!!!

HOW??

WHAT SECRET DO THEY HAVE TO SUCH A COMPLEX QUESTION????
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
WHAT SECRET DO THEY HAVE TO SUCH A COMPLEX QUESTION????
I really don't know. One of the others on my Spanish course a couple of years back ran a huge bar and had, you'll never believe it,... a baby. That's right - two full time jobs - bar owner and Mother - plus evening classes on the side!

Some say it was magic. Personally I think it was all done with mirrors...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.