Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Orange Tree Bar

The Orange Tree Bar

Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

MichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to all
Default The Orange Tree Bar

Check it out, my signature has the link xxxxxxxx
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:34 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Orange Tree Bar

business slow then?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MichaelandDawn
That was a short lived venture???
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

MichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to allMichaelandDawn is a name known to all

My husband was head hunted for a great job back in the Uk, and i am 2 months pregnant, what terrible timing. We loved the bar, but with the 2 above issues, it would never have worked.

xxxx
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

My husband was head hunted for a great job back in the Uk, and i am 2 months pregnant, what terrible timing. We loved the bar, but with the 2 above issues, it would never have worked.

xxxx
Best of luck ...
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:51 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

xxxx
sorry to hear your going back, I will say however....

My grandmother brought up 9 children in a one bed slum house in Chatham AND held down a full time job.....

but yeah, I can see how it would be a little hard.......
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Reality bites
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

sensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud of

if the bar does not sell,i will buy the kitchen equipment

[email protected]
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:13 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

xxxx

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh The death of the 5 Euro coffee. The forum gave advice and what happened...............

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough

28 Jun opened
For Sale September and already reduced by 30,000 Euros.

There has to be a business lesson there for everyone coming to Spain without thinking it through.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:27 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

3 months spent asking questions on here regarding location, costs of bars etc...advice re don't do it/think v carefully etc all ignored...just weeks after buying a bar the dream is already over and the bar is up for sale...again! That's gotta be a record!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

39K for a few fittings???then sign a contract to get yourself in debt to the sum of at least 1k pm

I have heard that if you want to make a small fortune in Spain come with a big one
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

Hi Micheal and Dawn.
Firstly congratulations on the pregnancy. I just wanted to say, exactly the same thing happened to us, when we arrived here i found out i was pregnant shortly afterwards. My pregnancy and birth here in spain we're great, as far as I am concerned i was treated much better by the spanish health system than i was with my first child who was born through the UK system, so please dont worry about that part.
I would think long and hard about walking away from the bar, its been such a short space of time, you've obviously invested a lot of yur own money into it, so please either wait til it sells or try and make a go of it in the mean time, so you dont end up losing all your money.Its very sad when you've come here with hopes and dreams and things dont turn out how you expect.
If you want any advice regarding the pregnancy drop me a line, i've not long been through the system here myself, and i hope you get the right outcome for both of you.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all of the advice.

We have actually got a manager out there running the bar for us. Its still very busy and doing well, and we wanted to keep the bar open whilst it was for sale.

We are hoping to sell the bar purely to get our money back out of it, as little one on way equals spending left right and centre xx
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

Are you already back in the UK then? You will probably find it very difficult to sell the bar at the present time, the financial situation isnt very good, everyone is struggling wherever you look, so i hope you are able to keep your manager on there to run things for you.
Good luck with the future, and at least you gave it a try!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.