British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   The Orange Tree Bar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/orange-tree-bar-560989/)

MichaelandDawn Sep 11th 2008 10:31 pm

The Orange Tree Bar

Check it out, my signature has the link xxxxxxxx:thumbup:

rugbymatt Sep 11th 2008 10:34 pm

Re: The Orange Tree Bar

business slow then?

montgomail Sep 11th 2008 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelandDawn (Post 6774504)

That was a short lived venture???

MichaelandDawn Sep 11th 2008 10:37 pm

My husband was head hunted for a great job back in the Uk, and i am 2 months pregnant, what terrible timing. We loved the bar, but with the 2 above issues, it would never have worked.

xxxx

montgomail Sep 11th 2008 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelandDawn (Post 6774528)
My husband was head hunted for a great job back in the Uk, and i am 2 months pregnant, what terrible timing. We loved the bar, but with the 2 above issues, it would never have worked.

xxxx

Best of luck ...

rugbymatt Sep 11th 2008 10:51 pm

xxxx

sorry to hear your going back, I will say however....

My grandmother brought up 9 children in a one bed slum house in Chatham AND held down a full time job.....

but yeah, I can see how it would be a little hard.......

big wheels Sep 11th 2008 11:07 pm

Reality bites:zzz:

sensationalfrog Sep 11th 2008 11:39 pm

if the bar does not sell,i will buy the kitchen equipment

[email protected]

poshnbucks Sep 12th 2008 3:13 am

xxxx

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh The death of the 5 Euro coffee. The forum gave advice and what happened...............

http://bestsmileys.com/notlistening/2.gif

03630 Sep 12th 2008 7:25 am

Originally Posted by MichaelandDawn (Post 6774504)

28 Jun opened
For Sale September and already reduced by 30,000 Euros.

There has to be a business lesson there for everyone coming to Spain without thinking it through.

Hillybilly Sep 12th 2008 7:27 am

:blink: 3 months spent asking questions on here regarding location, costs of bars etc...advice re don't do it/think v carefully etc all ignored...just weeks after buying a bar the dream is already over and the bar is up for sale...again! That's gotta be a record!

Rotor Sep 12th 2008 8:22 am

39K for a few fittings???:confused:then sign a contract to get yourself in debt to the sum of at least 1k pm:confused:

I have heard that if you want to make a small fortune in Spain come with a big one:rofl::rofl:

cajam31 Sep 12th 2008 8:53 am

Hi Micheal and Dawn.
Firstly congratulations on the pregnancy. I just wanted to say, exactly the same thing happened to us, when we arrived here i found out i was pregnant shortly afterwards. My pregnancy and birth here in spain we're great, as far as I am concerned i was treated much better by the spanish health system than i was with my first child who was born through the UK system, so please dont worry about that part.
I would think long and hard about walking away from the bar, its been such a short space of time, you've obviously invested a lot of yur own money into it, so please either wait til it sells or try and make a go of it in the mean time, so you dont end up losing all your money.Its very sad when you've come here with hopes and dreams and things dont turn out how you expect.
If you want any advice regarding the pregnancy drop me a line, i've not long been through the system here myself, and i hope you get the right outcome for both of you.

MichaelandDawn Sep 12th 2008 9:56 am

Thanks for all of the advice.

We have actually got a manager out there running the bar for us. Its still very busy and doing well, and we wanted to keep the bar open whilst it was for sale.

We are hoping to sell the bar purely to get our money back out of it, as little one on way equals spending left right and centre xx:)

cajam31 Sep 12th 2008 10:11 am

Are you already back in the UK then? You will probably find it very difficult to sell the bar at the present time, the financial situation isnt very good, everyone is struggling wherever you look, so i hope you are able to keep your manager on there to run things for you.
Good luck with the future, and at least you gave it a try!