Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ono...work this one out.

Ono...work this one out.

Old Mar 20th 2013, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ono...work this one out.

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Customer service has got worse in Spain. Dropped off when they got drunk on their boom times. Perhaps it will recover now they are at rock bottom. People from the North of Spain including Madrid complain when in Andalucía. Interesting all this it's the customers fault We had excellent food and service in Italy last year and my knowledge of the language is odd words
It's probably just you and me, and all those on the blogs! All the rest get their €3 MDD served before they even sit down! I've said before, I've seen very good Spanish friends when we have been eating out with them stopping me from tipping (not that I would for crap service), to leave it to them. They have then left the smallest coin they have to show they haven't forgotten the tip, but that's exactly what they thought the service was worth. Perhaps the sh1te service was down to their poor Spanish! Agree, much of northern Spain looks down on andaluces as paletos, catetos and are equally frustrated by the service, but I've always found that the Spanish that set up in UK (the majority from N Spain) are excellent. We often return to places we have stayed before in Spain simply because the service has been first class, but they are the exception rather than the rule. Had a few days away in a nice hotel last week, and the whole staff were first class, especially the restaurant manager. I asked him where he was from, he told me Romania, as were a lot of the chambermaids/waitresses etc. I congratulated the management, both personally and on tripadvisor, for a great stay, with great service. And for the free upgrade to the best room in the house.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ono...work this one out.

Originally Posted by agoreira
Agree, much of northern Spain looks down on andaluces as paletos, catetos and are equally frustrated by the service
Yes Northern Spaniards do look down on Andalucians for many reasons ánd yes service and the quality of many things is better up here

Mass toruism is to blame. Remember that half the tourists on the CDS are actually Spanish and not foreigners, although my wife says she feels like a foreigner in Andalucia

Over 90% of bars on the CDS are awful, bad food and bad service, and the locals know better than going to them. When we were there, we quickly learnt to ask friends and colleagues where to eat out and their recommendations were always excellent. The difference is that there were local people eating at the place and not tourists.

Same happens in London to be fair or any major tourist area, tourists always get a bad deal