Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Once again the papers confirm what we all know

Once again the papers confirm what we all know

Old Sep 29th 2011, 4:09 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Once again the papers confirm what we all know

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Harold Shipman took ladies over to the other side too. That's no recommendation!
Nice one.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 4:13 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Harold Shipman took ladies over to the other side too. That's no recommendation!
And there was me thinking Shipman pushed them to the other side.
Reynolds and the other old style "bad boys" of that era were gentlemen, would help old ladies across the road, stop and help if they fell over, the same as they would do for their mum.
Just don't cross them !

dare I say they were a "known entity" who had (slightly warped) morals. The current feral children running around London (and other city's) as "boss" of a street or two are an unknown entity and DANGEROUS. And would never consider helping an old lady across the road, just push her in front of a bus for getting in their way.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 4:49 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
The UK is the target because of a number of reasons. It is seen as soft on immigrants, and it's a very multicultural society.

Biggs? Dear god but the government was stupid over him. They were so desperate to gain the kudos of putting him behind bars, that they didn't care that the rest of us would have to pay to keep him for the rest of his life.

What they should have said was "You wanted out, you got out. Now piss off."

Pity they don't say this to those that risk swimming the channel to get to the lovely weather in the Uk.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 5:06 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

That simply deserves more karma than I can give.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 5:07 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Pity they don't say this to those that risk swimming the channel to get to the lovely weather in the Uk.
All they need is to apply simple rules.

No Crims.
No freeloaders.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 5:07 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

That is a bit near the knuckle, but very funny just the same.........
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:01 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
All they need is to apply simple rules.

No Crims.
No freeloaders.
Reading that made me think of the theme from Exodus, but in Spanish, lamenting the return of a million Brits to the UK.

Well, not quite a million, you would still be here and so would I.

I'm troubled by the crime aspect though, when I came back from the bank earlier, there were local police and Guardia Civil racing around the streets with a helicopter clattering overhead.

And I had only drawn out 300 Euros.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 8:07 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

And I had only drawn out 300 Euros.
Drawn out or took out.

Graham
Old Sep 30th 2011, 8:12 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Drawn out or took out.

Graham
Time for the Fifth Amendment.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 8:53 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
Time for the Fifth Amendment.
I'll join you in a fifth. I do like a little drinkie before bed.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 9:13 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Having escaped Bruce Forsyth, Anita Dobson and Russell Grant, I'm back again for a minute or so. How can they put those programmes on prime time TV?

However, I don't want to change the thread. It's about Shipman, isn't it? Or the train robbers?

You can make heroes out of anyone, no matter what they've done. Anything is possible in this crazy world, and seeing Bruce on my TV screen confirms it. Isn't it Sir Bruce?
Old Sep 30th 2011, 9:28 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bil
I'll join you in a fifth. I do like a little drinkie before bed.
I've only had four, catch-up time. Our visitors have just come back, all of them pissed, I don't want to be rude and I'm going to join them. It's the holiday mode.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 9:41 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
I've only had four, catch-up time. Our visitors have just come back, all of them pissed, I don't want to be rude and I'm going to join them. It's the holiday mode.
I think that shows immensly good manners, and in the spirit of unity, I shall go and pour myself a large one.