Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Off to Malaga Saturday!! exchange rate advice

Off to Malaga Saturday!! exchange rate advice

Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Off to Malaga Saturday!! exchange rate advice

Originally Posted by Jondee
Nationwide account?

Will look into that. All a bit short notice now but will survive for the 3 weeks on whatever rate I get. Will need the better rate when I'm transfering my bigger wad of dosh for my perminent move so maybe I'm panicking on the rate thing for now.
I wouldn't worry about it. I think we are only talking about a potential 20 euro difference anyway? The Euro-GBP rate is hard to predict. If you do want to get the best possible rate, check out CO-OP travel. They usually have good rates.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:22 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Nationwide, building society, i think.

May be worth looking at if you'll be transferring larger amounts. I recently got 1.47 something with them, and a £20 transfer fee. Obviously, you'll only be able to get much smaller amounts from the hole in the wall, but again, it seems better than most other high street banks.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

erisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jondee
Hi

Have been offered a job in Malaga so jumping on a plane on Saturday to check it out. If it isnt meant to be then I get a trip to CDS that I cant afford but who knows it may just work out.

Got £300 to change for now and a mind that's blank. Whats the best way to get the best exchange rate? Called into local P.O and Travel agents, averaging 1.40 but internet saying 1.48. Is it worth messing about for £300? If I get the job I will stay over for 3 weeks and will need to transfer more money over then. I will then be flying back to UK for a week in mid July. Is it better to open an currency exchange accounts like the ones advertised online? I will be opening a bank account in Spain as well as getting my NIE, even if this job doesnt work out at least I have got the ball rolling.

Advice appreciated (head spinning)
Was in Malaga last week and had 1.456 in an exchange bureau, no commission so not a bad deal - what you see is what you get!