Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Off to Malaga Saturday!! exchange rate advice

Off to Malaga Saturday!! exchange rate advice

Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Jondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really nice
Default Off to Malaga Saturday!! exchange rate advice

Hi

Have been offered a job in Malaga so jumping on a plane on Saturday to check it out. If it isnt meant to be then I get a trip to CDS that I cant afford but who knows it may just work out.

Got £300 to change for now and a mind that's blank. Whats the best way to get the best exchange rate? Called into local P.O and Travel agents, averaging 1.40 but internet saying 1.48. Is it worth messing about for £300? If I get the job I will stay over for 3 weeks and will need to transfer more money over then. I will then be flying back to UK for a week in mid July. Is it better to open an currency exchange accounts like the ones advertised online? I will be opening a bank account in Spain as well as getting my NIE, even if this job doesnt work out at least I have got the ball rolling.

Advice appreciated (head spinning)
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off to Malaga Saturday!! exchange rate advice

Originally Posted by Jondee
Hi

Have been offered a job in Malaga so jumping on a plane on Saturday to check it out. If it isnt meant to be then I get a trip to CDS that I cant afford but who knows it may just work out.

Got £300 to change for now and a mind that's blank. Whats the best way to get the best exchange rate? Called into local P.O and Travel agents, averaging 1.40 but internet saying 1.48. Is it worth messing about for £300? If I get the job I will stay over for 3 weeks and will need to transfer more money over then. I will then be flying back to UK for a week in mid July. Is it better to open an currency exchange accounts like the ones advertised online? I will be opening a bank account in Spain as well as getting my NIE, even if this job doesnt work out at least I have got the ball rolling.

Advice appreciated (head spinning)
Travelex
https://www.travelex.co.uk/Personal/...mn&Brand=TVXUK
Is giving 1.42 on the internet at the moment, but that only gives you pennies more on £300

I just got 1.46 on sun-pay but you ain't got time to set that up
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Jondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really nice

Thanks Mitzy, will look into that now.

My dear Mummy has just told me she has 200E stashed from her last hols and will GIVE it to me!!

Will need that for the car hire I just booked, paid deposit online but said I have to pay the rest in euros to the agent when I pick it up. Need about £100 changing now to cover me for the first couple of days and then I might just wait to see what rate I get over there. Gives me time to shop around. Or is that a bad idea?

Anyone know of a cheap B&B around the Fuengerola area?

Flight booked... car hire booked... passport clenched in hand... buttocks clenched in pants....
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:58 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

What you off to do. Anything good?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lochy
What you off to do. Anything good?
Well...

A sales rep

not timeshare or anything tho

And theres a salary plus commission plus bonus plus Laptop
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:09 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Overseas property?

Nowt wrong with timeshare, now. Thousands of satisfied owners I'm told.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

No not property, web advertising. something I know about and can sell, and it gets me around the CDS.

In all the bars in all the CDS I have to pick so many!!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:24 pm
The Best Fed Scot

You're selling web advertising to bars in the CDS?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

You're selling web advertising to bars in the CDS?

have I said too much I might have to shoot you. Its a niche market
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:36 pm
The Best Fed Scot

have I said too much I might have to shoot you. Its a niche market
Ha, ha, too late. I've got my ticket and will be at the airport within the hour. CDS here I come, I'll be flogging 'em ads for £2.99 by sundown...

(Sorry, don't mean to pry, was just interested.)
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

No worries mate we can do it together, theres enough bars out there and bet none of them have heard of the internet

I may have liver damage by Christmas
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:59 pm
The Best Fed Scot

No worries mate we can do it together, theres enough bars out there and bet none of them have heard of the internet

I may have liver damage by Christmas
Sounds like you'll be owing them money by the time you're done drinking there! Good luck with the move and don't agree too many contras.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:04 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Oh and apparently opening a nationwide account is a good way to exchange or have access to relatively small amounts of cash, pounds - euros. You open a UK account and withdraw the money out of the hole in the wall over here, you will get close to 1.48 I believe. May be worth checking although I wouldn't recommend turning up without any cash - sometime international lines can go down etc.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sounds like you'll be owing them money by the time you're done drinking there! Good luck with the move and don't agree too many contras.

Thanks Lochy, I have my BS Antenna on high alert!!

tuned it into "mierda de toro" mode!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Oh and apparently opening a nationwide account is a good way to exchange or have access to relatively small amounts of cash, pounds - euros. You open a UK account and withdraw the money out of the hole in the wall over here, you will get close to 1.48 I believe. May be worth checking although I wouldn't recommend turning up without any cash - sometime international lines can go down etc.
Nationwide account?

Will look into that. All a bit short notice now but will survive for the 3 weeks on whatever rate I get. Will need the better rate when I'm transfering my bigger wad of dosh for my perminent move so maybe I'm panicking on the rate thing for now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.