Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Obtaining an NIE number

Obtaining an NIE number

Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining an NIE number

This looks like the 'bible' for NIEs, Residencia and sorting our Social Security. With very useful from filling examples......

http://www.innoword.com/media/spain.html
Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
This looks like the 'bible' for NIEs, Residencia and sorting our Social Security. With very useful from filling examples......

http://www.innoword.com/media/spain.html
Well you can pay 19€`s for that or you can look in the free beer thread for free, it`s a no brainer.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Took clients to Benidorm yesterday and guess what they wanted a photograph!!! Mind you no waiting totally empty and that was at 11 a.m.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Took clients to Benidorm yesterday and guess what they wanted a photograph!!! Mind you no waiting totally empty and that was at 11 a.m.
So what do they do with these photos ?
They don`t stick them on the green sheet like they used to on the card.
I don`t think they know that EU citizens no longer get a card, but use the same list of stuff for all.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SueG
So it's best to take the photos. They should have the same rules in every provinces.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 7:29 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
They should have the same rules in every provinces.
They do. The rule is no photos required.

The problem is that they just make up their own rules in each individual office.

The requirements are clearly stated on the back of the form - no photos mentioned but they can't be bothered to read it!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I took people to Motril yesterday, no photos required, completed the forms before we went, took photocopy only of the passports, 16 euros to pay and walked out with the certificates. simple
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:43 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Motril has a reputation for actually doing the job properly.

Every time I have been there I have been seen within 5 minutes.

I haven't been to the new police station yet but I have to go next month. How do they handle payment of the tax? Do you have to get the payment slip before you present your application and are there facilities to pay there as the nearest bank is quite a way away.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Motril has a reputation for actually doing the job properly.

Every time I have been there I have been seen within 5 minutes.

I haven't been to the new police station yet but I have to go next month. How do they handle payment of the tax? Do you have to get the payment slip before you present your application and are there facilities to pay there as the nearest bank is quite a way away.
Hi Fred

I take it you know where it is, free parking etc, the entrance (complex quite large) is parralel to the main road on the side road. anyway as we walked in in front of you is a chap behind a desk, he will give you a number, you I know know your numbers as they call them out, many there loked bewlidered as obviously didnt understand the number, anyway they call you out then you still have to go to a bank in town to pay the tax. leave the car and walk easy 5mins.
We then went back with the receipt and as I had asked if we needed to take another number and told no, we just walked to the front of the queue and paperwork was waiting. Dont know if Residencia would be as fast but as now A4 paper maybe.

If you want directions ask, but I tend to think you will know where it is might be worth going earlier than we did, waited for the couple to arrive lol
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:59 pm

Thanks for that pwwm. Sounds pretty straightforward.
Old May 13th 2010, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by pwwm
I took people to Motril yesterday, no photos required, completed the forms before we went, took photocopy only of the passports, 16 euros to pay and walked out with the certificates. simple
Went to Motril today at about 11.30 to get our certificates as replacements for our residencia cards which run out this month.

Three people behind the desks (reserved for extranjeros) and two people waiting.

We were seen within 3 minutes and two certificates prepared on the spot - another 5 minutes.

Given the tax forms to take to the bank and returned 15 minutes later. No one waiting, straight to the desk to collect the certificates.

They didn't ask for the old cards as I had a photocopy.

Guess what - they asked for photos! So even in the same office requirements differ.

I learned a long time ago never to apply for anything in Spain without taking a packet of photos in various sizes so no problem!