Newbies

Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies

Originally Posted by IamStu
I stand corrected.
Costa del Sol receives approx 50 days of rain per annum v´s 37 days in Alicante.
On a personal note, and speaking for everything growing in my garden, I´m grateful when the rain comes!
We get just the 120 days of rain each year here in Oviedo

And just 30-50 clear sunny days each year

Still beats the South though
Old Dec 17th 2014, 11:18 am
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
We get just the 120 days of rain each year here in Oviedo

And just 30-50 clear sunny days each year

Still beats the South though
I can understand that CM. The area you live looks wonderful and I actually enjoy rainy days. Especially dog walking with few people about the place. Something I learned to enjoy when living on the west coast of Ireland.
There are certainly areas in the south, like anywhere (and I´m sure Oviedo is no different) that I wouldn´t choose to live/visit, so I don´t.
But I´m kind of used to you by now making such generised stick poking comments
Old Dec 17th 2014, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
The weather in Costa del Sol is better, with milder winters than Costa Blanca. I think you have your wires crossed?
Oh not another weather thread

Again it's personal choice and better weather doesn't exist. You could be living in the hottest & sunniest part of Spain, but you might live in an apartment that doesn't get that much sun, because it's facing in the wrong direction or doesn't even have a balcony. Then again people want heat and sit in the shade all day, or the air con is constantly running.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 10:11 am
Relocationist

Wise Man is an unknown quantity at this point

House is something that is for you to choose....It may be cold or warm upon your decision.
The real estate market is full of options. At least in Alicante region...
Old Dec 18th 2014, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wise Man
House is something that is for you to choose....It may be cold or warm upon your decision.
The real estate market is full of options. At least in Alicante region...
The problem is that many people don't think that far, but they would never admit it. Their decision is just based on sunshine hours in the region. I'm just saying that there's a lot more to consider in life.