Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

Old Jul 17th 2010, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
ITS DONE!!

JAG'S BISTRO is open and serving drinks - go there, enjoy a drink and congratulate him and his staff on his new venture!!

Fantastic news.

I have no commercial connection to his business - just delighted that CE has another option for us to enjoy when there! All fully legal and signed off by the town hall.

Good luck to him and the new employees that he has recruited in the middle of this crazy recession!

'It's gettin' better all the time'
Jon
It´s a very good news!!!. I wish them luck.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 11:19 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
It´s a very good news!!!. I wish them luck.
I heard that the first night was busy - great sign that word got around so quickly as well. Many have been waiting patiently for this!

I got this text this morning "Went to jags last night. Ate well, drank well. Great setup and views. Busy, nice atmosphere. Worth the wait! ..." (names deleted - privacy)

Lets hope it is a success!

Regards
Jon
Old Jul 17th 2010, 11:52 am
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

Great news "at last", shame we came home yesterday

And thanks Jag for the cheap night in the Ayamonte bar for the world cup final. Half price beers until the first goal scored...45 minutes...90 minutes...110 minutes...Full Time "Party Party" til 2am...and in the morning:curse:
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Ears332205 is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

Originally Posted by John and Lynn
Great news "at last", shame we came home yesterday

And thanks Jag for the cheap night in the Ayamonte bar for the world cup final. Half price beers until the first goal scored...45 minutes...90 minutes...110 minutes...Full Time "Party Party" til 2am...and in the morning:curse:
Sounds like you had a great night..........truley wish we were there. Jag, as you know, we wish you all the best and cant wait to come and visit.

Good Luck
Old Jul 18th 2010, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
ITS DONE!!

JAG'S BISTRO is open and serving drinks - go there, enjoy a drink and congratulate him and his staff on his new venture!!

Fantastic news.

I have no commercial connection to his business - just delighted that CE has another option for us to enjoy when there! All fully legal and signed off by the town hall.

Good luck to him and the new employees that he has recruited in the middle of this crazy recession!

'It's gettin' better all the time'
Jon
Better than serving drinks....they are also doing what they term as "bar snacks". If the quality of these are anything to go by, we can't wait for the restaurant to open. We got there at 10pm last night (Saturday) and it was packed with people having a good time with excellent food. The ambience is just right, the staff friendly and as Jon says, we finally have another option at CE. Well done and good luck to Jag and Gavin on their venture. Lets hope they get the support they deserve in these tough times. I have no connection with Jags.
It's good to see so many cars here ( around Vista Esuri and Marina Esuri) and even saw some at Albatross!!
Old Jul 18th 2010, 10:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid I am getting reported posts now for the repeated mention of one particular restaurant all the time on numerous threads
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

dilly dally is an unknown quantity at this point

Must need there bumps feeling crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what they going to do in the winter months??? won't last the year not enough people and esuri will stay the same as it is now for the next 10yrs spain will pull out of the euro within the year and go into even further financial meltdown, 70% unemployment in ayamonte right now!!! the drug use is epidemic in ayamonte they are poor people with poorer morals it's like buying a holiday home in scunthorpe a run down seaside crime ridden drug using community but you are fooled just because the sun shines, there are no good restaurants the tapas is the worst i have ever seen in spain it is terrible food compared to the reat of the country and they charge a fortune ayamonte was and always will be some tiny run down border fishing village that the rest of spain have never heard of

The foolish and dreamers who keep saying it's getting better are living in a golfing sun drenched cotton wool bubble!!! ayamonte will never recover from this melt down, and i guarantee that the commercial centre will look the same in ten years as will the hotel and the never going to happen marina those that think the marina will be built are GET A GRIP and open your blinkered eyes

And please stop saying ''we have to be positive'' and ''stop being negative'' because that has nothing to do with the reality of situation

I'm sorry i wish no malice to jag but you might as well of thrown that money in the fire there is no passing trade there is only a fraction of esuri filled and people will not drive there after they have been once or twice look at the golf club it is always empty and that place looks like a leisure centre rather than a club house!!! look at some of the other beautiful and surrounding club houses, that is what esuri golf should look like not a poorly decorated shed!!!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

Originally Posted by dilly dally
Must need there bumps feeling crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what they going to do in the winter months??? won't last the year not enough people and esuri will stay the same as it is now for the next 10yrs spain will pull out of the euro within the year and go into even further financial meltdown, 70% unemployment in ayamonte right now!!! the drug use is epidemic in ayamonte they are poor people with poorer morals it's like buying a holiday home in scunthorpe a run down seaside crime ridden drug using community but you are fooled just because the sun shines, there are no good restaurants the tapas is the worst i have ever seen in spain it is terrible food compared to the reat of the country and they charge a fortune ayamonte was and always will be some tiny run down border fishing village that the rest of spain have never heard of

The foolish and dreamers who keep saying it's getting better are living in a golfing sun drenched cotton wool bubble!!! ayamonte will never recover from this melt down, and i guarantee that the commercial centre will look the same in ten years as will the hotel and the never going to happen marina those that think the marina will be built are GET A GRIP and open your blinkered eyes

And please stop saying ''we have to be positive'' and ''stop being negative'' because that has nothing to do with the reality of situation

I'm sorry i wish no malice to jag but you might as well of thrown that money in the fire there is no passing trade there is only a fraction of esuri filled and people will not drive there after they have been once or twice look at the golf club it is always empty and that place looks like a leisure centre rather than a club house!!! look at some of the other beautiful and surrounding club houses, that is what esuri golf should look like not a poorly decorated shed!!!
You must have had a good day!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 4:39 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Sunglasses too dark

Old Aug 8th 2010, 4:44 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Well for what its worth,I think he will make it work.I,ll tell why.One day many years ago I was walking home from Ayamonte to Liverpool because I was destitute.By the time I got to the midlands I was starving as I hadnt eaten for 9 days,I was in a zombie like state.all I remember about the day I first met Jag was the smell of curry and voices saying Happy xmas, a pint of milk and 20 cigs.yes it was xmas day and I had wondered into a corner shop.the owner(jag) saw that I was starving and gave me some onion bargies and a gregs pie free.I told him that I was trying to get home.He said I get my taxi out at 5pm when the shop shuts so I will give you a lift to liverpool.On the way I told him all about ayamonte and he said I might go there one day and open a bar.so to put in plain language.The guy is a hard worker and he is sound.he wont sit back and let it fail.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 6:51 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

it may recover.they have been exploring for oil just of the coast.

Last edited by betris; Aug 8th 2010 at 6:52 pm. Reason: gossip and unconfirmed hearsay
Old Aug 8th 2010, 7:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
it may recover.they have been exploring for oil just of the coast.
Is that why Barraka Obamaloos wife is in Spain, is she on a recce for the Yankee owned BP ?
Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Annetje
Sunglasses too dark

A lot depends upon what your expectations are for Esuri or indeed what this person was sold.
We were given the hard sell there. 2 championship golf courses, Shopping Mall, Marina, guaranteed rental income.
We decided it was for younger folk than us and that it would be a building site for far too many years for us to enjoy at our ages.
The problem for Esuri as I see it is that the development has ground to a halt and what is there is so thinly spread over the 2 golf courses it is going to struggle to survive as a resort on its own.
As for Ayamonte itself. It has survived through the centuries of wars and dictatorship I think it will survive this recession. Its a lovely little Spanish town.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

CAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really nice

Welcome back Betris!!! Never mind what the other's say, I missed you

Taff
Old Aug 9th 2010, 4:03 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

Wow what a rant One good thing is at least there no chance of bumping into you at Jags or the golf club!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.