Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hey for those of us who live here it will be a real treat once in a while to pop out for Friday evening fish and chips just like we used to do back in the old days. Now the best bit is that we can have a ten minute walk to a super Indian meal right on our doorstep. Not fair on you at Canela though.
I was refering to people like us who visit their apartments 4 or 5 times a year. It is very understandable for residents like your good self to have the odd craving for fish/chips,pie & mash currys etc.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

Originally Posted by chrismortley
I was refering to people like us who visit their apartments 4 or 5 times a year. It is very understandable for residents like your good self to have the odd craving for fish/chips,pie & mash currys etc.
Its the "glow-in-the-dark" mushy peas that get you in the end.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Its the "glow-in-the-dark" mushy peas that get you in the end.
I bet you will be tucking into the deep fried mars bar as your weekly treat ,
I know some people who visied the bar on Esuri yesterday & liked the setting & thought the potential was great.
When we come up there for a curry our best friends apartment is only a 3 wood from the bar so if you need to spend a penny on the way home,pop in don't get caught short.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
I bet you will be tucking into the deep fried mars bar as your weekly treat ,
I know some people who visied the bar on Esuri yesterday & liked the setting & thought the potential was great.
When we come up there for a curry our best friends apartment is only a 3 wood from the bar so if you need to spend a penny on the way home,pop in don't get caught short.
Not Glaswegian sorry but at my age ice cold lager goes straight thro so tell your friends to expect a knock!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Not Glaswegian sorry but at my age ice cold lager goes straight thro so tell your friends to expect a knock!
Hi John,

Left Esuri last night after 9 great days,weather been very nice,got into town few nights to see the parades,could'nt believe the crowds that turnup to see the procession.

Got into the new bar twice,only the terrace open at the moment but won't be long till things start takin shape there,great venue,took some pics so see attached.

Ken.
Attached Thumbnails New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri-ssl22856.jpg   New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri-ssl22866.jpg   New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri-ssl22864.jpg  
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Hi John,

Left Esuri last night after 9 great days,weather been very nice,got into town few nights to see the parades,could'nt believe the crowds that turnup to see the procession.

Got into the new bar twice,only the terrace open at the moment but won't be long till things start takin shape there,great venue,took some pics so see attached.

Ken.
And a few more.
Attached Thumbnails New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri-ssl22879.jpg   New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri-ssl22857.jpg   New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri-ssl22865.jpg  
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi John,

Ken.
Middle piccie looks comfortably busy for the small bar and kitchen they managed to get ready and the pool looks pretty nice as well. I have reserved a table on the top terrace to watch the world cup final between England and Spain you know the one where England beat Spain 5-4 with all our goals scored by Gerrard and theirs by Torres. I think it is the one in the foreground of your shot to the centre with the telly set up in the pergola under the shade.
Old May 26th 2010, 1:49 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Here here,the only mention of a new eating drinking social place,is the one Jag is promoting. Which most people have recieved e-mails about,and looks to be a promising venture. Not heard or read about any other such venues?.

Ken
Originally Posted by Jeremy W
Hi all, I am having trouble sleeping so I thought I would say hello. What is the weather like there?

Anyway, regarding the other restaurant on Costa Esuri... I heard about it from a young couple who live here who are friends with the people who are starting the restaurant. As far as they were concerned it was a dead cert. They did say it was not being advertised until everything was in place, but I did not think it would still be secret information. Maybe you will hear about soon if it is still going ahead.

regards
Jeremy
Just in case this got buried in the earlier post....

Here are 2 posts above that refer to a new resto in CE... this was a while ago, and it isnt Jag's. Has anybody heard anything 'new and juicy' about it, please?

VERY interesting if this is more than a rumour....

Thanks
Jon
Old May 26th 2010, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

jases1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Just in case this got buried in the earlier post....

Here are 2 posts above that refer to a new resto in CE... this was a while ago, and it isnt Jag's. Has anybody heard anything 'new and juicy' about it, please?

VERY interesting if this is more than a rumour....

Thanks
Jon
Not heard anything about another restaurant, but over from the 13th July, does anyone know if Jags Esuri will be open again by then?
Old May 27th 2010, 5:11 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jases1000
Not heard anything about another restaurant, but over from the 13th July, does anyone know if Jags Esuri will be open again by then?
Hi We will be in CE covering the World Cup - leaving soon. And expecting that Jag's will be open for that. On another thread someone contacted Jag and apparently its this week - lets hope so.
Old May 27th 2010, 7:15 am
BE Positive

Hi We will be in CE covering the World Cup - leaving soon. And expecting that Jag's will be open for that. On another thread someone contacted Jag and apparently its this week - lets hope so.
Speaking of the footy these are some of the best ads ever on TV - sadly politically incorrect and withdrawn. 'Two world wars and 1 world cup'.... errr 'Basil dont mention the war'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UKTw...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVSBtivbUs4

PS I have no commercial connection with the company advertising - and there is a very vague connection with the footy (just wanted an excuse to put these links on to perhaps give someone a smile... )

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 27th 2010 at 7:36 am.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Positive

Hi Some good news re Jag's resto(s) .

He has a special menu and drinks specials for the world cup games and will be staying open all week for the games. He's moved the huge TV that was supposed to be in the new resto into the old one temporarilly. This should be great for the footy. I got the attached details in email. No comercial connection with the company of course. I am on his client contact list - to get all the offers/details. I saw him yesterday delivering leaflets.

Also his new resto on Esuri should be open within the next 2 weeks! The paperwork that is tied up in the town hall seems to have been finally unstuck!

Can't wait.

Jon
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
World Cup Menu.pdf (66.0 KB, 182 views)
File Type: pdf
World Cup Specials.pdf (230.9 KB, 284 views)
Old Jun 13th 2010, 8:35 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Some good news re Jag's resto(s) .

He has a special menu and drinks specials for the world cup games and will be staying open all week for the games. He's moved the huge TV that was supposed to be in the new resto into the old one temporarilly. This should be great for the footy. I got the attached details in email. No comercial connection with the company of course. I am on his client contact list - to get all the offers/details. I saw him yesterday delivering leaflets.

Also his new resto on Esuri should be open within the next 2 weeks! The paperwork that is tied up in the town hall seems to have been finally unstuck!

Can't wait.

Jon
Was that the "electrical problem"?
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

I also have no connection commercially with this new venture...but hope to be a customer. Note it is surely open to all people not a private club at all.

Here is what I posted on another thread earlier today (see below)

Regards
Jon

Ive just heard the best news in years: I have no commercial connection here and this is something I think is excellent news for us all.

Jag is opening what sounds like a fantastic club in CE - with amazing facilities, and just what we need in CE. We love coming to CE and always have a lot of fun, but CE itself lacks options for meeting and having fun. He's taking over what was the private club for the villas surrounding Marina Esuri and right there over the 18th green with big terraces and great views, and an envious list of facilities. See attached that I got from Sammy (Eds note: These are the same attachments in the post above from 'guesswork' - post no 10))

With all the terrible stuff regarding the crisis, its GREAT that Jag is setting up what sounds like a great concept... pools, poolside BBQ's, bars, wine bars, terraces for eating drinking, top notch food, snacks. breakfasts etc etc.

As we slowly pull out of recession, this is well timed to make the most of that. It will be the best resto in miles as well. And having a bar where one can watch the sports over a beer on hopefully a BIG screen (please note! ), and also a wine bar as well as outside eating/drinking is great for all including families. Something for everybody. And only a short walk for us - just need to make a hole in the Marina Esuri fence - to get there in a few seconds

This will add great kudos to CE and exactly what we need - and the sort of thing we wished for when we bought in CE. I wish him luck and will enquire about membership - as its a good deal for everybody.

All the best to Jag for this venture and great news for all of us too. Just makes CE more attractive.... great for renters too. Just gets better!!

Made my day!

Regards
Jon
Update Jon Please!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:57 pm
BE Positive

ITS DONE!!

JAG'S BISTRO is open and serving drinks - go there, enjoy a drink and congratulate him and his staff on his new venture!!

Fantastic news.

I have no commercial connection to his business - just delighted that CE has another option for us to enjoy when there! All fully legal and signed off by the town hall.

Good luck to him and the new employees that he has recruited in the middle of this crazy recession!

'It's gettin' better all the time'
Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.