Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:28 pm
Banned

Ayamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

We went to the open day yesterday, wow what a lovely place. The grandstand view from the terrace of the 18th green and the river must be one of the best on Esuri. Deceptively spacious place, never thought of it being so big when I've gone past before. Big turnout and saw quite a few signing up for membership.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Jeremy W is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ayamontino
Good news for esurians there will soon be a new bar and restaurant opening. Received an email from jags, confirming they are opening the clubhouse overlooking the 18th green. At least people have a choice now.
Hello all.

I have just joined British Expats after only viewing the pages for some time. I thought it was about time I joined up.

This resaurant sounds great, my wife and I have been to Esuri a number of times and are thinking about buying there. We have heard of a new restaurant but I am 100% sure that it is not Jags one that you are talking about. This one is said to be opening this summer and is going to be run by a couple from London. I was told this the last time we were visiting in November last year. Has anyone else heard about this?

Whoever is doing it I am sure it will be popular as Costa Esuri definitely needs another eatery and watering hole.

Jeremy
Old Feb 12th 2010, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeremy W
Hello all.

I have just joined British Expats after only viewing the pages for some time. I thought it was about time I joined up.

This resaurant sounds great, my wife and I have been to Esuri a number of times and are thinking about buying there. We have heard of a new restaurant but I am 100% sure that it is not Jags one that you are talking about. This one is said to be opening this summer and is going to be run by a couple from London. I was told this the last time we were visiting in November last year. Has anyone else heard about this?

Whoever is doing it I am sure it will be popular as Costa Esuri definitely needs another eatery and watering hole.

Jeremy

This resto is most definitely Jag's and is scheduled to be opened by Easter.
If there is another one being opened in summer it has been kept very quiet,as know one has mentioned it at all.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
This resto is most definitely Jag's and is scheduled to be opened by Easter.
If there is another one being opened in summer it has been kept very quiet,as know one has mentioned it at all.
Here here,the only mention of a new eating drinking social place,is the one Jag is promoting. Which most people have recieved e-mails about,and looks to be a promising venture. Not heard or read about any other such venues?.

Ken.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:27 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Here here,the only mention of a new eating drinking social place,is the one Jag is promoting. Which most people have recieved e-mails about,and looks to be a promising venture. Not heard or read about any other such venues?.

Ken.
We've not heard of a new resto per se... but in the sea and sun development there is a big pool and we heard that next to it they were going to make a club that would sell coffee's, snacks maybe more substantial food. I must stress that this was a vague rumour - but in November we sneaked in to check it out (and have a general nose around) and yes there is a building next to the pool that could house something like this. Of course they would have to open up the security gates if this was to be a public place.

I also heard that the shop will expand, create an outside covered terrace with screen and become more of a bar as well... (still selling bread + basics) - perhaps also e.g paella and music nights. (This is less of a rumour as I heard it from Jose Manuel himself) Great views from there and we often go there for a beer or G+T when its warm.

All I say is the more the merrier! with the European economy in trouble by the 'PIGS' Portugal, Ireland, Greece and Spain - the recession is biting more here. BUT now is the time for forward thinking people to take the lead and invest when everything is cheap, and when the recovery comes they will be well placed to profit from the change. There are leading indicators that we are coming out of recession and so I say go for it. It only makes CE better for us all and the businesses that start up. If they can create the right formula - they can also succeed.

I also think that Brits who can invest in property in the sun - not for the short term - have a great opportunity as well. Buy now at a fantastic price, and hang on a bit and take advantage of these changes have a lot of fun, and wait for the property market to change. Ive also heard that CAM bank are agressively selling Rago 1 properties to the Spanish second home market - so we will see more and more people coming into CE.

Tea leaves are looking good!

In the meantime we are eagerly awaiting Jags new place and based on the feedback, the huge interest on the 1st open day and the great potential of his new place - CE is already improving really well. There is a second open day on Tuesday 16th - not sure what the times are but if you go there at 2pm onwards, I'm guessing that you should be OK. The last one was from 1-5pm. Anyone know the times?

Its already great fun in CE.... and.... Its gettin' better all the time

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 14th 2010 at 8:07 am.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

quote from above: "There is a second open day on Tuesday 16th - not sure what the times are but if you go there at 2pm onwards, I'm guessing that you should be OK. The last one was from 1-5pm. Anyone know the times?"

2pm til 6pm, Jon.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Teed Up

Ken.
Hi all, I am having trouble sleeping so I thought I would say hello. What is the weather like there?

Anyway, regarding the other restaurant on Costa Esuri... I heard about it from a young couple who live here who are friends with the people who are starting the restaurant. As far as they were concerned it was a dead cert. They did say it was not being advertised until everything was in place, but I did not think it would still be secret information. Maybe you will hear about soon if it is still going ahead.

regards
Jeremy
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:43 am
Banned

Ayamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant futureAyamontino has a brilliant future

If it is true then that is really good news. More choice the better, this will surely bring more rentals and visitors to CE. I think it may have a snowball effect with other businesses looking to start-up if they can see these new restaurants are doing well.

Originally Posted by Jeremy W
Hi all, I am having trouble sleeping so I thought I would say hello. What is the weather like there?

Anyway, regarding the other restaurant on Costa Esuri... I heard about it from a young couple who live here who are friends with the people who are starting the restaurant. As far as they were concerned it was a dead cert. They did say it was not being advertised until everything was in place, but I did not think it would still be secret information. Maybe you will hear about soon if it is still going ahead.

regards
Jeremy
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Could this be up by las Lomas shopping? Saw some activity in the central bit, but perhaps this is the grocery shop extention (didn't someone mention this, or have I been dreaming?)
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Could this be up by las Lomas shopping? Saw some activity in the central bit, but perhaps this is the grocery shop extention (didn't someone mention this, or have I been dreaming?)
This would be great. Within staggering - I mean walking - distance.

Steve
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Steve,
It might be (only) an ice cream parlour! (Honestly I haven't a clue, but it sounds gooood!)
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New Bar/Restaurant Opening On Esuri

The central bit is where he stores all his tables and chairs until the sun returns just got a couple in the shop for now. He did look at the screens and canopy with heaters option but they wanted silly money so wisely I think he is holding off.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 10:17 am
Just Joined

I think the place that they were talking about was where the shop is in the Lomas area. It is going to be an independent thing and not part of the shop. I have been trying to find out a bit more information about it and have been looking for the email address that they gave me when we met but to no avail.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Ray-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
The central bit is where he stores all his tables and chairs until the sun returns just got a couple in the shop for now. He did look at the screens and canopy with heaters option but they wanted silly money so wisely I think he is holding off.
Hi John,

sent you a PM

Ray
Old Feb 20th 2010, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Hi Steve,
It might be (only) an ice cream parlour! (Honestly I haven't a clue, but it sounds gooood!)
But I've heard about rum and raison ice cream.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.