NERJA

Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:37 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NERJA

Originally Posted by abiteachuck
Been on the site but cant find the thread
http://www.andalucia.com/forums/view...967&hilit=aldi
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Jontee has a spectacular aura aboutJontee has a spectacular aura aboutJontee has a spectacular aura about

I remember reading that thread last summer. It alerted me to the type of distraction crime being perpetrated at that time, so worthwhile for that reason. The real message is be vigilant anywhere where you are in a busy place.

However it should not put anyone off the area, some subsequent posters say it is the same in other places mentioning Calahonda, El Ingenio centre, Almuñeca, Barcelona and even Farnham.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

abiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant future

Thanks i have read it all
Old Feb 15th 2011, 9:56 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abiteachuck
Thanks i have read it all
I have shopped in Aldi shops in Spain loads of times, also shops in dubious areas of London and never been robbed, is it cos I look too rough to rob, too skint, or maybe i am just too careful ?
You just need to have your wits about you all the time, especially in this worldwide economic climate as it is now.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I have shopped in Aldi shops in Spain loads of times, also shops in dubious areas of London and never been robbed, is it cos I look too rough to rob, too skint, or maybe i am just too careful ?
You just need to have your wits about you all the time, especially in this worldwide economic climate as it is now.
JDR I agree with your comments and I too have used these shops including aldi in Torrox Costa and at 6ft 1 with cropped hair and tattoos (being ex forces fairly standard look) don't tend to get approached by many people I don't know, much to the annoyance of my wife. The things is though we should not have to live in fear, the shops and police should do more to stop this unacceptable situation, they must be aware of the poblem and it is not acceptable if they do nothing about it. The only thing we have had is one one visit we had called in at the Dia shop and while emptying the trolley and in the boot looked round and trolley (which had been empty ) gone no doubt for the euro in the slot, no one in sight.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

Well the target are mostly woman who are alone and who have a hand bag situated on the left side. They are very clever because obviously they pick their target and operate in gangs and communicate to one another the potential victim. The victim walks in to the shop and are meet - down one of the isle by a man asking for help to put a tin of something back up to the high shelve because he has his "handicapped" with a palet of peas or some other product, he pretends he cant reach and as you reach up to help, the accomplice - in seconds - and who has "usually" I have noticed a loaf of bread under his arm so as to look like a shopper - helps himself to your purse. Another scam are the ones with something to sign and as you are occupied signing the accomplice dips into your bag, again, in seconds your purse is stolen. In the car park, again, usually single females are targeted a person calls out to you and you turn to look - a completely spontaneous action - your bag is removed from the car in seconds. Men have been targeted when they have a wallet in their pocket and the above applies. obviously they are waiting somewhere keeping a watch out for a male with their wallets in an unsecure area of the body!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surreygirl
Well the target are mostly woman who are alone and who have a hand bag situated on the left side. They are very clever because obviously they pick their target and operate in gangs and communicate to one another the potential victim. The victim walks in to the shop and are meet - down one of the isle by a man asking for help to put a tin of something back up to the high shelve because he has his "handicapped" with a palet of peas or some other product, he pretends he cant reach and as you reach up to help, the accomplice - in seconds - and who has "usually" I have noticed a loaf of bread under his arm so as to look like a shopper - helps himself to your purse. Another scam are the ones with something to sign and as you are occupied signing the accomplice dips into your bag, again, in seconds your purse is stolen. In the car park, again, usually single females are targeted a person calls out to you and you turn to look - a completely spontaneous action - your bag is removed from the car in seconds. Men have been targeted when they have a wallet in their pocket and the above applies. obviously they are waiting somewhere keeping a watch out for a male with their wallets in an unsecure area of the body!
Yes you are right I think most blokes are guilty of stuffing the wallet in the back pocket, I do try and keep mine in a zipped pocket but these theiving gits are very clever at the art of picking pockets. I wonder how many Spanish they prey on? or do they tend to just prey on ex pats/visitors?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:10 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bobd22
JDR I agree with your comments and I too have used these shops including aldi in Torrox Costa and at 6ft 1 with cropped hair and tattoos (being ex forces fairly standard look) don't tend to get approached by many people I don't know, much to the annoyance of my wife. The things is though we should not have to live in fear, the shops and police should do more to stop this unacceptable situation, they must be aware of the poblem and it is not acceptable if they do nothing about it. The only thing we have had is one one visit we had called in at the Dia shop and while emptying the trolley and in the boot looked round and trolley (which had been empty ) gone no doubt for the euro in the slot, no one in sight.
Sorry about that. I needed to make a phone call. About some rough looking cockney bloke who looked too skint to rob. Lurking about the Aldi car park.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
Sorry about that. I needed to make a phone call. About some rough looking cockney bloke who looked too skint to rob. Lurking about the Aldi car park.
Too right got to watch them cockney geezers