NERJA

Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:19 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NERJA

I like Nerja but it is just the same as most other resorts on the western coast, crowded and touristy. We once looked at property there about 10 years ago and villas were a similar price to marbella.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:22 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

We have some friends who live on the outskirts of Nerja in the Campo.

They have been burgled once recently and again one attempted burglary. Some of their neighbours have been burgled three times.

There seems to be a spate of it at the moment. Having some big dogs roaming around is the best deterrent.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Jontee has a spectacular aura aboutJontee has a spectacular aura aboutJontee has a spectacular aura about

I agree Surreygirl there are always the 'distraction burglaries' in supermarkets and car parks etc. The same everywhere. Your descriptions are spot on. I always thought that once you are aware of the different scams, you would not fall for it. But no, a friend recently lost her bag from the seat of her car when a couple asked her for directions. She didn't realise till she got home. When I am in the car I make sure I keep all the other doors locked so no-one can get in to snatch anything if I am stationery. And I have my handbag hooked over the gear stick so if I am caught out the bag is not easily snatched. I have lived and worked here for 10 years now and do feel safe. Possibly I would not feel so safe living in a quiet spot in the campo I expect I would be listening for noises all the time and be quite nervous. Country houses anywhere are possibly good targets. I must admit I had not heard of the excess of crime in Torrox Costa.

Everyone must also be aware in the hot summer months when you may be sunning on the terrace that someone could be climbing through your open windows. This probably happems more here because we do have good weather and open our windows. That is why most properties have rejas.

A friend was telling me just last week of her aunt who lost her bag, within 5 minutes of two other people losing theirs, at a supermarket in Banbury, so not only here!

I do feel safe walking through Nerja at any time of day or night, I have never felt nervous when groups of people are coming my way and I happily share the pavement with them. Before I moved here I was much more wary in my small southern town in UK and would probably cross to the other side of road, or more likely not walk through the town on my own at night. I haven't heard of any muggings here it is more the opportunist kind of crime (be wary around cashpoints for instance), or the clever scams.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I like Nerja but it is just the same as most other resorts on the western coast, crowded and touristy. We once looked at property there about 10 years ago and villas were a similar price to marbella.
Yes, it can't get away with calling itself a quaint fishing village anymore! We have Spanish friends in Frigiliana, so that's our reason for spending time in that area, plus the wife likes it. And some good friends and ex neighbours live in that area, so a chance to catch up with them. When I drag her around the more remote interior parts of Spain, that's the trade off, it's give and take.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by abiteachuck
good reply, it seems that most of the crime is spare of the moment stuff. I can cope with that its just being wide awake in the situation.
I was more worried abour burglaries and the dogs being hurt, even though they are big and bark a lot if someone was around, or being mugged.
Alas not there is a huge spate of robberies in the houses in the village of Torrox as well as houses in the countryside with some of the would be robbers calling at the door asking for a drink of water or pretending to ask for directions first to case the joint the meeting is about both whilst dogs may put some would be robbers off it has not deterred others some have robberies have actually taken place whilst the owners have been home. I dont want to make you nervous but be careful done leave a back door unlocked when you are in the front or the front door open when you are in the garden.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 12:04 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surreygirl
Alas not there is a huge spate of robberies in the houses in the village of Torrox as well as houses in the countryside with some of the would be robbers calling at the door asking for a drink of water or pretending to ask for directions first to case the joint the meeting is about both whilst dogs may put some would be robbers off it has not deterred others some have robberies have actually taken place whilst the owners have been home. I dont want to make you nervous but be careful done leave a back door unlocked when you are in the front or the front door open when you are in the garden.
I think I'll stick to northern Spain in future - avoid all this crime. You can leave your front door open there (my friends in a village near Comillas do it all the time) and no bars needed on the windows. Used to be the same in a Derbyshire town I know until recently, but alas, the times change...
Old Feb 13th 2011, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

abiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jontee
I agree Surreygirl there are always the 'distraction burglaries' in supermarkets and car parks etc. The same everywhere. Your descriptions are spot on. I always thought that once you are aware of the different scams, you would not fall for it. But no, a friend recently lost her bag from the seat of her car when a couple asked her for directions. She didn't realise till she got home. When I am in the car I make sure I keep all the other doors locked so no-one can get in to snatch anything if I am stationery. And I have my handbag hooked over the gear stick so if I am caught out the bag is not easily snatched. I have lived and worked here for 10 years now and do feel safe. Possibly I would not feel so safe living in a quiet spot in the campo I expect I would be listening for noises all the time and be quite nervous. Country houses anywhere are possibly good targets. I must admit I had not heard of the excess of crime in Torrox Costa.

Everyone must also be aware in the hot summer months when you may be sunning on the terrace that someone could be climbing through your open windows. This probably happems more here because we do have good weather and open our windows. That is why most properties have rejas.

A friend was telling me just last week of her aunt who lost her bag, within 5 minutes of two other people losing theirs, at a supermarket in Banbury, so not only here!

I do feel safe walking through Nerja at any time of day or night, I have never felt nervous when groups of people are coming my way and I happily share the pavement with them. Before I moved here I was much more wary in my small southern town in UK and would probably cross to the other side of road, or more likely not walk through the town on my own at night. I haven't heard of any muggings here it is more the opportunist kind of crime (be wary around cashpoints for instance), or the clever scams.
Thanks for the comments
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

We must be very lucky in our village, I have never heard of a burglary, thank god,and we still can leave doors open and go out, but maybe its time to start to change things with all this unemployment, our area only has a 8% unemployment rate maybe thats the reason, I know some areas are as high as 30% at the moment,there is a long thread about Nerja and Torrox robberies on another forum,but I didn't want to mention it as I wouldn't like to frighten anyone, but as its now mentioned I think its better for you to be aware,be vigilant and have a great time
Old Feb 14th 2011, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Adra04778 you have a PM
Old Feb 14th 2011, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

We visit Nerja 3 or 4 times a year as we have an house in a village about 25/30 mins away. We also stayed there for a couple of weeks about 6 yrs ago in an urbinisation, had no problems and find it quite nice. Never feel unsafe there but am aware of pickpockets bag snatches etc so just try and keep my whits about me, as you do in most busy places. One thing that does annoy me probably most places on the coast but definately Nerja is the buskers and people with cards etc that pester you every time you sit anywhere for a drink or bite to eat, I do find that a little wearing when I visit but again with an house in a small village not used to it.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

abiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant futureabiteachuck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by adra04778
We must be very lucky in our village, I have never heard of a burglary, thank god,and we still can leave doors open and go out, but maybe its time to start to change things with all this unemployment, our area only has a 8% unemployment rate maybe thats the reason, I know some areas are as high as 30% at the moment,there is a long thread about Nerja and Torrox robberies on another forum,but I didn't want to mention it as I wouldn't like to frighten anyone, but as its now mentioned I think its better for you to be aware,be vigilant and have a great time
When you get time PM me the forum please'
thanks keith
Old Feb 14th 2011, 4:25 pm
PCP
Just Joined

PCP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by abiteachuck
When you get time PM me the forum please'
thanks keith
And also please PM me the link

Thanks
Old Feb 14th 2011, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

Hi
I don't know how to do a link, it was on the andalucia forum, somebody from Torrox costa started it as I recall.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

Its the Andalucia.com forum
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Been on the site but cant find the thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.