Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

Old Mar 20th 2010, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

Hola fellow Esurians,

Just a reminder that the first meeting of the CE residents association will take place next THURSDAY 25 MARCH at 18.00 hrs in the Golf Clubhouse.

This first meeting is intended to initiate the association and adopt a constitution. If this is accomplished then officers will be elected for the first year at the meeting. In true Spanish style it will be necessary to have a President, Secretary and Treasurer but to follow English patterns we would want to have a Social Secretary to bring all sides of the community together at social events. The later post would also have the advantage of being able to raise funds for the minimal necessary costs of being in existence.

A rough agenda is: -

1. Agreement to the formation of a Residents Association

2. Adoption of a Constitution (to follow a pattern adopted by the association of Huelva Residents Associations)

3. Election of Officers

4. Proposal to formally register the association

5. Items proposed from the floor and accepted by the meeting

Terry has agreed to chair this first meeting and I will act as vice chair and bring forward any proposals to be put to the meeting as a result of this first call for the meeting.

The intention is that all owners/residents on CE shall be able to be able to be members of the association and that all nationalities will be most welcome at the meeting and to stand for office.

It is also the intention that in order to be truly democratic there will be no block votes and that all members shall have one vote with no doubt a casting for the President. It is also felt that all meetings should be open to all members.

Hoping to see you all next Thursday if it is at all possible to get to Esuri.

John

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Mar 20th 2010 at 10:28 am. Reason: Item 4 added
Old Mar 20th 2010, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

Quick question, on the 2 other threads you have posted on this morning you have the time of the meeting as 19.00hrs. On here you are saying 18.00hrs, which is correct please? Regards Bryony

Last edited by MikeCol; Mar 20th 2010 at 11:47 am.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Quick question, on the 2 other threads you have posted on this morning you have the time of the meeting as 19.00hrs. On here you are saying 18.00hrs, which is correct please? Regards Bryony
My mistake 19.00 Spanish !!

But come at six the bars open.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks J&K for sharing this information. I look forward to hearing further news as and when.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hola fellow Esurians,

Just a reminder that the first meeting of the CE residents association will take place next THURSDAY 25 MARCH at 18.00 hrs in the Golf Clubhouse.

This first meeting is intended to initiate the association and adopt a constitution. If this is accomplished then officers will be elected for the first year at the meeting. In true Spanish style it will be necessary to have a President, Secretary and Treasurer but to follow English patterns we would want to have a Social Secretary to bring all sides of the community together at social events. The later post would also have the advantage of being able to raise funds for the minimal necessary costs of being in existence.

2. Adoption of a Constitution (to follow a pattern adopted by the association of Huelva Residents Associations)

3. Election of Officers

Terry has agreed to chair this first meeting and I will act as vice chair and bring forward any proposals to be put to the meeting as a result of this first call for the meeting.

The intention is that all owners/residents on CE shall be able to be able to be members of the association and that all nationalities will be most welcome at the meeting and to stand for office.

It is also the intention that in order to be truly democratic there will be no block votes and that all members shall have one vote with no doubt a casting for the President. It is also felt that all meetings should be open to all members.

John

Hello everyone,

I am very happy with the constitution of the association. John, it is only compulsory to appoint a President and a Secretary. The other officials are optional. What is a Social Secretary?.

Unfortunately I can not be on Thursday in Ayamonte (I have to be on Friday outside Spain).

I wish you good luck. I am available for any legal issue.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:30 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that we cannot attend but do hope there is a good turn out from folk who are there at that time and that it all goes well. Thanks to all involved in setting this up, not an easy task but vitally important.

All the best

Mel and John
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 6:30 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Sorry that we cannot attend but do hope there is a good turn out from folk who are there at that time and that it all goes well. Thanks to all involved in setting this up, not an easy task but vitally important.

All the best

Mel and John
Hi John and Kath asked me to post the draft statutes of the RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION they can be found here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=15

Thanks
Jon
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

John&Kath and S_L,

Refering to your "rough agenda" please clarify the following to the best of your knowledge:

1. Agreement to the formation of a Residents Association.
Will the aim be to work alongside an EUC, because it is written in the escritura, regardless of whether or not this present EUC is legal? I note there is no mention of an EUC in the draft document of the estatutos.

2. Adoption of a constitution.
This draft document requires a lot of modification (eg. the electoral procedure - yearly instead of every 4 years.) Will this be done at the meeting? Please could S_L explain why it would be important for the document to contain articles referring to the prevention and raising awareness of drug addiction (Article 7)? (Is this a long term measure?)

3. Election of officers.
I note the draft document states only residents of Andalucia will be allowed to hold office. How many people are aware of this meeting taking place?

4. Proposal to formally register the association.
Does this have to happen at the first meeting, and/or during the first year?
Does registration formally take place in the same register as that of the EUC?
(S_L, please help me out here: el registro de las entidades urbanísticas colaboradoras (¿de obras públicas?) de la junta de andalucía? Does registration give power to the association in the eyes of the local government?

5. Items proposed from the floor...
Plenty of water and peanuts!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carol&John
John&Kath and S_L,

Refering to your "rough agenda" please clarify the following to the best of your knowledge:

1. Agreement to the formation of a Residents Association.
Will the aim be to work alongside an EUC, because it is written in the escritura, regardless of whether or not this present EUC is legal? I note there is no mention of an EUC in the draft document of the estatutos.

2. Adoption of a constitution.
This draft document requires a lot of modification (eg. the electoral procedure - yearly instead of every 4 years.) Will this be done at the meeting? Please could S_L explain why it would be important for the document to contain articles referring to the prevention and raising awareness of drug addiction (Article 7)? (Is this a long term measure?)

3. Election of officers.
I note the draft document states only residents of Andalucia will be allowed to hold office. How many people are aware of this meeting taking place?

4. Proposal to formally register the association.
Does this have to happen at the first meeting, and/or during the first year?
Does registration formally take place in the same register as that of the EUC?
(S_L, please help me out here: el registro de las entidades urbanísticas colaboradoras (¿de obras públicas?) de la junta de andalucía? Does registration give power to the association in the eyes of the local government?

5. Items proposed from the floor...
Plenty of water and peanuts!
Carol,

I did not write these statutes. When I read them, I will write my legal opinion.

Regarding the registry, is not the same as that of the EUC (Registro de Entidades Urbanísticas Colaboradoradoras). It is the Registro de Asociaciones. Both records are dependent on the Junta de Andalucía. The Registro de Entidades Colaboradoras of the Consejería de Vivienda y Ordenación del territorio and the Registro de Asociaciones of the Consejería de Justicia y Administración Públicas.

The association is constituted by the agreement of individuals. Registration is only to publicize the rest of people out of existence (and rules) of the association.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

¡hola! S_L,
My apologies if I was vague in my comments. I did not mean to infer that you, or John for that matter, had written these draft documents. There is so much to read, and little time to understand.
I was hoping only that you might explain why such a "sample" document would include certain Articles which appear to be in the domain of the Ministry of Health (!)
Saludos,
Carol
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carol&John
¡hola! S_L,
My apologies if I was vague in my comments. I did not mean to infer that you, or John for that matter, had written these draft documents. There is so much to read, and little time to understand.
I was hoping only that you might explain why such a "sample" document would include certain Articles which appear to be in the domain of the Ministry of Health (!)
Saludos,
Carol
Do not worry!!. My comments in this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=17
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:35 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hola fellow Esurians,

3. Election of Officers

John
Morning everyone

Have been away for a long weekend and expected to come back and have lots and lots of posts to read on BE today........especially comments about the meeting. What happened ? All OK ? Good turnout ? What's the outcome ?

Don't leave me hanging like this please !!

Thanks Mel
Old Apr 1st 2010, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

John,

Have you had time to produce the RoD from the meeting? Sorry to have not been able to be there - Ryan Air called!

Jonathan
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

The Costa Esuri Resident's Association has just announced its web site.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Apr 5th 2010 at 11:44 am. Reason: Please add to your signature, but dont post on a message, thanks
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Smile Re: INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

[quote=MikeJ;8473258]The Costa Esuri Resident's Association has just announced its web site.
(SNIP)Sorry not wanting to cause a row but this is not the website for the Residents Association but is the website for the owners group.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Apr 5th 2010 at 11:45 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.