Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

My Mobile Number

My Mobile Number

Old May 13th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My Mobile Number

Originally Posted by Flooziesoozie
Hi,

We purchased a spanish sim card on the internet whilst in the UK. The benefit being that you have your number to pass on to everyone before you leave for Spain.
we used a site www.0044.co.uk They sell sim cards for most countries and were really helpful. Ours was a vodaphone pay as you go which is easy to top up at many supermarkets/shops etc. Someone also told us recently that you can top up online if you have a spanish debit/credit card.
Cheers Floosiesoosie, I am going to spain in August so I will get one before I go as last year it cost me a fortune on my uk Orange!
Old May 13th 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road

You can get Spanish pay as you Go cards on Ebay
Old May 13th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
duh............clearly mrsjdr & I need more coffee

you are right, of course!

Doh! Sorry, yes 0044, what a plonker ....yes more caffeine please, answered that too early on a Sunday morning
Old May 13th 2007, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

A few other thoughts.
We still have UK mobiles on Orange PAYG and can receive texts from the UK for free (ie no roaming charges) obviously the sender has to pay the normal UK texting fee. Then we reply via text on a web based text service at 3 euro cents a text.
Sources of sim cards! They are littered all over eBay but you will pay a large premium.
I would definately get a Spanish mobile and not pay the roaming.
What you save on your printing costs you will soon rack up far more in roaming charges.
Very few people in Spain will ring a UK mobile number as they will know its going to cost the earth.
Old May 14th 2007, 6:08 am
WFP KING

richie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nicerichie210980 is just really nice

Thankyou for all your replys, I am now on the search for a spanish sim card!!!!!!!!!!!!! as I dont fancy writing, or sticking lables on my 20,000 leaflets
Many thanks for all the help and I am sure I will have many more dense questions that need answering