Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

My First Spanish Lesson!!!

My First Spanish Lesson!!!

Old Jul 21st 2007, 10:57 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My First Spanish Lesson!!!

Originally Posted by squelch
I'm not in it at mo, can I get back to you on it though? my son needs picking up from work so I'd better ablige especially as its raining again, speak soon, thanks
I will write it now, I may be gone later, any problems PM me....

Go into i-Tunes store, click on Podcasts, then scroll down till you see in the left hand column Topics in Focus, click on Language learning, then Learn Spanish Survival Guide, then in the Right hand box you will see Coffee Break Spanish.

If you Subscribe you will constantly be updated with new episodes.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 11:51 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Argentine Spanish, its VERY different in several quite key areas.
The verb "coger" comes to mind
Old Jul 21st 2007, 11:58 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
The verb "coger" comes to mind
yep, fallen fowl of that one a couple of times!
Old Jul 21st 2007, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about

I will write it now, I may be gone later, any problems PM me....

Go into i-Tunes store, click on Podcasts, then scroll down till you see in the left hand column Topics in Focus, click on Language learning, then Learn Spanish Survival Guide, then in the Right hand box you will see Coffee Break Spanish.

If you Subscribe you will constantly be updated with new episodes.
I've find it, have stored all the episodes now, just got to work out how to burn to disc so I can hopefully listen to them in the car, one of my kids will show me, thanks again for your fab help

Last edited by squelch; Jul 21st 2007 at 12:41 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

all you have to do is download the i-Tunes software, I used http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes/ for all that kind of thing, then once you have it loaded just go into the podcast section and look for Coffee break Spanish, I have 43 episodes downloaded, and it downloads each one as it come out.

They are about 20 mins long and for my OH are absolutely brilliant.
Hey that's the one we are using - how come you have 43 episodes and I only have 32 - you special or something!!!???
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:09 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by SueG
Hey that's the one we are using - how come you have 43 episodes and I only have 32 - you special or something!!!???
you may need to manually download some, not all of them open properly.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

you may need to manually download some, not all of them open properly.
Doing that cause we don't have an ipod - but when you go into the site it says last lesson was 32 on the 9th July I think?
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:17 pm
Straw Man.

Doing that cause we don't have an ipod - but when you go into the site it says last lesson was 32 on the 9th July I think?
You see thats where I have a bit of an issue because I have downloaded all the episodes but there are about a dozen short bits and extras that are added on, not sure where they are supposed to fit in, and I need some bloody order in my life and I am not happy!
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
I know it might sound a stupid question Matt but do you have to have an ipod to use the one your missis is using or can you use it on the pc.
Thanks
Love Sam
We just downloaded it direct from their site to our PC. Have to say we think it really good and it seems to sink in (so far any way!)
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

You see thats where I have a bit of an issue because I have downloaded all the episodes but there are about a dozen short bits and extras that are added on, not sure where they are supposed to fit in, and I need some bloody order in my life and I am not happy!
I think if you look at their website they will tell you where the extra bits slot in. We manually download and haven't paid for the extras etc.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:20 pm
Straw Man.

We just downloaded it direct from their site to our PC. Have to say we think it really good and it seems to sink in (so far any way!)
There may be a few more on the i-tunes site then.....not sure, but I have just had a look because I have an Audio book playing as we speak, and it is definitely 43, two were added this morning.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:50 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I just gave someone her first ever lesson this morning - she just told me she's been out practicing in the supermarket & a bar

she's dead chuffed cos they understood her!!

I always start with a few useful phrases, along with a couple of verbs, and numbers up to 20 - it's amazing how much confidence it gives them to open their mouths
Old Jul 21st 2007, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about

Hi, have managed to successfully burn all to disc, am quite proud of myself, from what I've listened to so far, it sounds really good, no excuses now not to try again