Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

MY car is 20 mins away

MY car is 20 mins away

Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:20 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MY car is 20 mins away

Originally Posted by Mercedes
If you know where he lives, why didn't you go and check his house and walk off with the value of items lost....I would have done................taking an army full of guys to back me up of course...
My Bro and I are planning a trip to Southern Spain this summer, had enough of the bullcrap!

Have to say though, its a Brit not a Spaniard!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Surprise, Surprise.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
My Bro and I are planning a trip to Southern Spain this summer, had enough of the bullcrap!

Have to say though, its a Brit not a Spaniard!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:26 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Surprise, Surprise.
I know!

My Bro got out of the Legion a while back, so he is a handy guy to have with you!

Even when I lived out there I found the most corrupt to be the Brits!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

It is only the Brits I've been ripped off by. I haven't had any problems with the Spanish whatsoever so far. In fact I had some money in my house when the Spanish builder was doing some work and he put it in my draw and the same happened when some money fell out of my pocket in my car at the car parking place in Malaga at the airport. The guy there told me about it, and I found it in my ashtray a couple of weeks later. Both occasions I didn't know the money was there. I can understand why some Spanish are racist towards the Brits when I see some of them down here and how they behave.

I know!

My Bro got out of the Legion a while back, so he is a handy guy to have with you!

Even when I lived out there I found the most corrupt to be the Brits!

Last edited by Mercedes; Mar 25th 2007 at 12:36 am.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:37 am
Straw Man.

I have some regiment friends so would take them with me.

But, it is only the Brits I've been ripped off by. I haven't had any problems with the Spanish whatsoever so far. In fact I had some money in my house when the Spanish builder was doing some work and he put it in my draw and the same happened when some money fell out of my pocket in my car at the car parking place in Malaga at the airport. The guy there told me about it, and I found it in my ashtray a couple of weeks later. Both occasions I didn't know the money was there. I can understand why some Spanish are racist towards the Brits when I see some of them down here and how they behave.
I totally agree, I never had a problem with a single Spaniard out there, and my best mate actually warned me to break contact with my Brit mates because they were crooks (his old man was comisioner for the GC in Murcia)

But the Brits were soooo bent it was unreal!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Every time I give a Brit the benefit of the doubt, I end up usually being disappointed. Won't do business with them now nor have anything to do with any. My first year was a shock to me and it isn't hard to meet a pedophile, thief, murderer, IRA, contract killers and god knows what and that is just minding your own business. I've had some interesting dates. I keep to the Spanish now, and that suits me much better. My business partner a few years back met someone down here who he thought was okay, the guy was in the major british newspapers a few weeks later for being linked to organised crime. The Marbella Gun club which I was going to join, my Brit builder told me recently he did some work for a guy connected with it, and I think some of them had questionable pasts. So I don't mix with the expats, and pretend I'm foreign and can't speak English now if they want to talk to me - unless they are a tourist or a retiree. After living in other countries, living here was an eyeopener. But I live in a nice Spanish community and I work elsewhere so I get the best of both worlds and my friends are in the UK and I know what their background is.

I totally agree, I never had a problem with a single Spaniard out there, and my best mate actually warned me to break contact with my Brit mates because they were crooks (his old man was comisioner for the GC in Murcia)

But the Brits were soooo bent it was unreal!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:57 am
Straw Man.

Every time I give a Brit the benefit of the doubt, I end up usually being disappointed. Won't do business with them now nor have anything to do with any. My first year was a shock to me and it isn't hard to meet a pedophile, thief, murderer, IRA, contract killers and god knows what and that is just minding your own business. I've had some interesting dates. I keep to the Spanish now, and that suits me much better. My business partner a few years back met someone down here who he thought was okay, the guy was in the major british newspapers a few weeks later for being linked to organised crime. The Marbella Gun club which I was going to join, my Brit builder told me recently he did some work for a guy connected with it, and I think some of them had questionable pasts. So I don't mix with the expats, and pretend I'm foreign and can't speak English now if they want to talk to me - unless they are a tourist or a retiree. After living in other countries, living here was an eyeopener. But I live in a nice Spanish community and I work elsewhere so I get the best of both worlds and my friends are in the UK and I know what their background is.

Funny you should say that but the Brits where I lived for the most claimed to be ex SAS!
My dad was ex SAS so I had a bit more info than your average Brit down there, turned out that none had been in the SAS, although one had been in the Paras!

The amount of people I heard had been in a special forces unit, or Organised crime, or links to the Crays or whatever, it was so obvious that they were full of shite!

My Dad always said, "a lion never gives the zebra a formal warning its going to kill it, it just kills it!"

Thats the same for these people, I know a couple of SAS guys near me now and you would never know they were!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, I've had people say it to me, but I've also checked them out, so can also check. Met one recently but he was, I emailed an ex major that I knew that night and he verified that he was. The crims that I met, didn't say anything, but they were again verified, usually someone else told me. It isn't hard to bump into them down here and nor is it hard to find out the truth, it's like a damn village.

Funny you should say that but the Brits where I lived for the most claimed to be ex SAS!
My dad was ex SAS so I had a bit more info than your average Brit down there, turned out that none had been in the SAS, although one had been in the Paras!

The amount of people I heard had been in a special forces unit, or Organised crime, or links to the Crays or whatever, it was so obvious that they were full of shite!

My Dad always said, "a lion never gives the zebra a formal warning its going to kill it, it just kills it!"

Thats the same for these people, I know a couple of SAS guys near me now and you would never know they were!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:12 am
Straw Man.

Well, I've had people say it to me, but I've also checked them out, so can also check. Met one recently but he was, I emailed an ex major that I knew that night and he verified that he was. The crims that I met, didn't say anything, but they were again verified, usually someone else told me. It isn't hard to bump into them down here and nor is it hard to find out the truth, it's like a damn village.
Sad really, its almost as if, in fact it is as if they want to continue their shitty life elsewhere!

I couldnt stand to be around them, so I went and lived among the Basques down south, my O/H was one so I managed to fit in nicely.
Now if you want to meet nutjobs then they are the real deal!
Very scarey people, never trust anyone who WANTS to die for their beliefs!

Glad it has all calmed down a bit now, just want an easy life.

Where are you?
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Where are you?
Sat in front of my computer...
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:17 am
Straw Man.

Sat in front of my computer...
Funny, on that note I'm going to bed!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Night.

Funny, on that note I'm going to bed!