Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

MY car is 20 mins away

MY car is 20 mins away

Old Mar 24th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default MY car is 20 mins away

As many of you are aware my crappy car has been in spain (longer than me)
The transporter bloke has just called to say he is 30 mins away from delivering it to my door

so apart from being 600 quid lighter in my pocket, who thinks my tv, Mary (sat nav) stereo etc will still be in the car?
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:08 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MY car is 20 mins away

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
The transporter bloke has just called to say he is 30 mins away from delivering it to my door

so apart from being 600 quid lighter in my pocket, who thinks my tv, Mary (sat nav) stereo etc will still be in the car?
Fingers crossed for you that they are It should be arriving any minute now - let us know.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Won't it be covered under their insurance? I

Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

If you'd asked me I might have bought it back for you for the petrol and ferry cost ..... always popping back and forwards!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
If you'd asked me I might have bought it back for you for the petrol and ferry cost ..... always popping back and forwards!
the car does not work it keep overheating even with the thousands of euros spent on it. its not here yet
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Won't it be covered under their insurance? I
car is insured contents are not, hubby says if its not in there he is not paying xxxx
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:14 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

the car does not work it keep overheating even with the thousands of euros spent on it. its not here yet
Oh of course .... sorry
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Oh of course .... sorry
hubby is going to stip it later and have a look then fix it himself, anyone want a jeep xxx
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Why didn't you leave it there. Probably the head casket or you've put too much coolant in it. Says mechanic mercedes.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Why didn't you leave it there. Probably the head casket or you've put too much coolant in it. Says mechanic mercedes.
head casket was done before we left and the alternator and the belt etc etc etc the list goes on.

Hubby thinks it might be the cap as it is a pressurised system failing that the radiator. xxxx
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:26 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

head casket was done before we left and the alternator and the belt etc etc etc the list goes on.

Hubby thinks it might be the cap as it is a pressurised system failing that the radiator. xxxx

Bet you never thought of lifting the bonnet, staring at the engine one hand on your hip and the other stroking your chin. Then close the bonnet and go indoors and put the kettle on. I've seen people do that - don't know if it works though (NOT a mechanic Lionda)
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Probably didn't find they did it probably. I put my car in with it overheating and it still had the same problem when it came back and they did a supposedly long list of things on it also. I nearly flew my friend who is in a mechanic to fix it, and on hindsight should have done. I've often walked through customs with an an exhaust or Lamp, or window from UK as they were taking too long in getting parts...

Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Probably didn't find they did it probably. I put my car in with it overheating and it still had the same problem when it came back and they did a supposedly long list of things on it also. I nearly flew my friend who is in a mechanic to fix it, and on hindsight should have done. I've often walked through customs with an an exhaust or Lamp, or window from UK as they were taking too long in getting parts...
They have done the work as half the engine is new now lol
Hubby normally does all the work but when in spain and the language barrier we could not find anywhere to get the parts.

Me personally would like to light a match and put it in the car lol
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Parts can be the hardest part, hence why you will often see this woman walking through Malaga airport with a suitcase and car parts.....in fact I think my only luggage was car bit once..

They have done the work as half the engine is new now lol
Hubby normally does all the work but when in spain and the language barrier we could not find anywhere to get the parts.

Me personally would like to light a match and put it in the car lol
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Parts can be the hardest part, hence why you will often see this woman walking through Malaga airport with a suitcase and car parts.....in fact I think my only luggage was car bit once..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.