Moving to Valencia

Moving to Valencia

Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:31 am
Just Joined

henryporter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Valencia

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Hi and welcome to the forum.

What sort of distances are you prepared to travel daily, or how much time are you prepared to spend travelling is probably more to the point.

Rosemary
Hi Rosemary,

Well at the moment we will probably continue to commute to Madrid once a week, so within 30 mins of the main station on a Monday morning I guess ... or is that being a little over optimistic?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:37 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by henryporter
Hi Rosemary,

Well at the moment we will probably continue to commute to Madrid once a week, so within 30 mins of the main station on a Monday morning I guess ... or is that being a little over optimistic?
I am sure that others will give you lots of details about how long it will take to get in and out of the main station. Like all big cities I believe that Valencia is a nightmare to drive in and out of so maybe a place with a metro connection or train service would be of use to you. For example it takes less than 30 minutes by train from Sueca which is further down the coast.

Rosemary
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:38 am
Just Joined

henryporter is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure that others will give you lots of details about how long it will take to get in and out of the main station. Like all big cities I believe that Valencia is a nightmare to drive in and out of so maybe a place with a metro connection or train service would be of use to you. For example it takes less than 30 minutes by train from Sueca which is further down the coast.

Rosemary
Thanks for that Rosemary. All information is useful at this point.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 12:17 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by henryporter
Hi, first post here and rather than start a whole new Valencia post, I thought it better to piggyback on the back of this one. We're living in Madrid at the moment and considering the move to Valencia and have booked a few weekend trips down there to do a bit of property hunting. We don't know the city and surrounding areas too well and rather than waste too much time searching for properties that are in areas of no use to us, I was looking for a little bit of help in terms of the geography of the place. Can anyone recommend some of he better suburban neighborhoods that would still allow easy access to the city centre... particularly thinking of the train to Madrid. I know it's a pretty vague request, but all info would be greatly appreciated. We'd be more interested in areas with houses rather than apartments. Many thanks guys.
Torrent, very slightly inland from Valencia is a good sized town with good metro links or only slightly further out is Picassent also with regular metro connections into Valencia.
A few kms North of Picassent in a lovely more rural area are lots of pleasant Spanish weekend and holiday homes for sale and rent at knock down prices, even in comparison to current prices elsewhere.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Rosemary
Or Gandia ... good rail connections to Valencia from there ... and plenty of holiday lets, less than one hour's drive!